Where'd it go?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was delivering a mower today and when I got there, the air filter cover was missing. It was always kind of loose, but it always made the trip, until to day.
It's off a Kohler SV840-3012. The part number for it is 32 096 09-S. That's what 3 different places say it is. But when I look at their pictures, the shape looks right. But It seems the cover was deeper. So I checked Ebay and found one that's deeper. But it's one number off on the part numbers. It's an 08-S.

I wished my memory was better. But this last time in, didn't pay attention to that. There was no real need to.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Kohler's Dealer site says its PN 32 096 09-S
1693052834756.png
1693052915350.png

The 32 096 08-S is for the SV700 series engines.

And for where it went probably the two swivel pins wore completely off allowing the air flow while going down the road to just rip off the cover.

It is like one customer that came here this Spring hauled his on a tilt bed trailer. Lost the pin the prevents the bed from tilting. Every make it to my equipment. It was when backed up and stop that he dump the mower. Luckily we caught the mower before it went out into traffic.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well you should a spare for a later project...

Dare here I am trying to reduce my inventory and it just keeps going to wrong way. I wanting it to be below 20K and it currently it is at 45K

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well you should a spare for a later project...

Dare here I am trying to reduce my inventory and it just keeps going to wrong way. I wanting it to be below 20K and it currently it is at 45K

Yeah, just stop ordering, brother. Do the partstree and those places for a while. You know, some of that stuff, like this extra air filter cover i'm getting is going to be there when you die. 😁😁😁😢

shurguywutt

Threads
Alright, I can help y'all, if I ever need a part I will ask you guys first lol

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yeah, just stop ordering, brother. Do the partstree and those places for a while. You know, some of that stuff, like this extra air filter cover i'm getting is going to be there when you die. 😁😁😁😢
No what I got to do is to stop ordering extras for a while; although, of items has nearly doubled price since I brought them Sorta like Nikki fuel bowls I have that were purchased when they were only $30 then and are $120+ now. Now the extra hardware just makes sense to purchase as I can 25 screws for the price of two of the OEM screws so I make my money rather quickly. That is if I use the OEM prices for resale.

Here is what inventory and I only move about tenth of it each year but to have it for quick turn around as it can take several weeks or months get them back in stock.
1693070145935.png

Last edited:

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
No what I got to do is to stop ordering extras for a while; although, of items has nearly doubled price since I brought them Sorta like Nikki fuel bowls I have that were purchased when they were only $30 then and are $120+ now. Now the extra hardware just makes sense to purchase as I can 25 screws for the price of two of the OEM screws so I make my money rather quickly. That is if I use the OEM prices for resale.

Here is what inventory and I only move about tenth of it each year but to have it for quick turn around as it can take several weeks or months get them back in stock.
View attachment 66459

If you find a way to not buy extra's, please post. Because I always buy extra's. It's like a law or something. Or just a bad habit.

That several week timeline to receive parts would drive me bonkers.

shurguywutt

Threads
It was nice to go into my local mower shop with PNs and walk out in 5 minutes with the exact 2 Toro belts for my mower. Even if it cost a bit more.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
It was nice to go into my local mower shop with PNs and walk out in 5 minutes with the exact 2 Toro belts for my mower. Even if it cost a bit more.

You ain't kidding. Installing the OEM's just feels better. Especially when you crank it up and it's 100% right.