Where to sharpen blade?

The paint is usually gone after the first mow.. just saying I use vice grips and a 4" angle grinder and have had amazing results lol blade balance is important I have a plastic cone balancer works good balance doesn't need to be perfect you just don't want one side to be crazy heavier than the other

I like using the cone
 
First off I have been doing this for over 30 years.
Second I agree the gator blades are the best but there is still no need to put a razor edge on them.
This is not my opinion this is a fact.
I guess some people know more then the ones that have done the study's on blades and design the gator blades you use. For as much as I pay for gator blades I will trust that they know the best pitch and thickness of the blade edge for the best cut and performance of the blade.

What it really comes down to is do what works best for you.

Your right on the money Carscw. Sharpening blades to a razor's edge is a waste of time and blade because the edge will be gone after the first mow and sharpening painted or new blades is equally a waste of time.
 
Your right on the money Carscw. Sharpening blades to a razor's edge is a waste of time and blade because the edge will be gone after the first mow and sharpening painted or new blades is equally a waste of time.

Well thank you see we can agree on things. LOL.
 
The paint is usually gone after the first mow.. just saying I use vice grips and a 4" angle grinder and have had amazing results lol blade balance is important I have a plastic cone balancer works good balance doesn't need to be perfect you just don't want one side to be crazy heavier than the other


Exotion do yourself a favor and throw that plastic cone away and buy a metal cone, they work a lot better than plastic.
 
Yeah, I used to deal with the question a lot. The new blades are dipped in thick paint, for shipping reasons...


I had my boss come back to the shop with a customer complaining that the lawnmower blades that he just picked up for sharpening had cut his hands while standing in the checkout lane.

I had to say "Well, No Chit!!!!"


yes blood and new parts don't mix too well.....
 
Exotion do yourself a favor and throw that plastic cone away and buy a metal cone, they work a lot better than plastic.

I got one of each and don't see any different. But I must be missing something. Why is one better then the other?
 
Do you find that the cone used to balance the blade is really necessary?

Yes like I said a little of balance is not a big deal but if one side is much heavier than the other it will cause vibration and do damage to your machine
 
Back
Top