Where to sharpen blade?

My balancer works great, except for those old Murray ones!!!!!
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3289.jpg
    DSCN3289.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN3290.jpg
    DSCN3290.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 24
I have used a nail. Depends on the blade. I'm using a balancer this year. One like this one. My blades just have a 3/4" hole so a nail would work just as well. image-2435112672.jpg
 
I worked at "The Mower Shop" in Louisville, they bragged about their superior service, and did not have a balancer, after I started working there, all of the mechanics lined up to use my balancer, the millionaire owner still refused to buy one..

They also charged customers for valve grinding, $8.00 a valve, all they did was chuck up the valve in a drill press and hold a
piece of sandpaper on it, all of the mechanics lined up to borrow my Neway tools, when doing their own work....

Sad, when looking back on it all.......
 
May not be perfect but it gets close enough that you can tell when it's off balance.

Well, if it was way off, I guess so.

But over %50 of the mowers out there are MTD or AYP, so a mower shop should at least have a decent balancer, eh???
 
Well, if it was way off, I guess so. But over %50 of the mowers out there are MTD or AYP, so a mower shop should at least have a decent balancer, eh???

You would think they would. They probably don't even check the balance around here. They probably just use a bench grinder and hand them back. That's why I do my own work.
 
Back
Top