Where the %&$#@ does this spring go?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have an 18TwinII on my Case 446. I cleaned the carburetor 2wc and it was still surging. Then the fuel pump started leaking so I bought a new carburetor and now it runs great. The original had 3 bolts on the fuel pump and the new one has 4 so either will work. I'll look and see if I can spot that spring on my engine.
Save the OEM carb if it is OEM. Clean it a few more times. Keep it for a backup.

slomo

Ken22

Threads
Save the OEM carb if it is OEM. Clean it a few more times. Keep it for a backup.

slomo
I'll do that and order new gaskets and diaphragms for the pump.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do we have two threads in one here, I’m old and get confused easily?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Probably not, read my signature.

Airy_Mtn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I thought I hit the jackpot today. Saw an old craftsman sitting in a yard so I thought I'd ask to look under the hood. Be my guest was the reply. So I did and there was the mystery spring in all it's glory hooked from one end of the bell crank to the other end of the bell crank ?. Maybe it's just for show after all.

Laabk2

Threads
Kinda looks like the spring that connects the throttle to the governor linkage so when you move the throttle, it provides a steady pull on the throttle linkage. It is needed to maintain pressure as the governor does it's governing thing.

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
That is your governed idle spring, i believe it hooks to the governor arm on the front left side of the engine, i can't really describe it well, but i have a opposed twin that i can take picture of to show you how and where the spring goes.
1619887199893.png
1619887259390.png

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
VRR, that not the correct engine!