Export thread

What's your favorite Weed-Eater Line?

Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy

My favorite line is Gator Line .095 dia. Holds up well even when edging with your weed-eater. Doesn't tend to melt to itself like many other lines I have used in the past. It has a wire infussed within the line itself. Tough Stuff!

twall

twall

My favorite line is Gator Line .095 dia. Holds up well even when edging with your weed-eater. Doesn't tend to melt to itself like many other lines I have used in the past. It has a wire infussed within the line itself. Tough Stuff!

Really - a WIRE? Is that the hex stuff? I think I saw it at HD.....

Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy

Really - a WIRE? Is that the hex stuff? I think I saw it at HD.....

It's a twisted hex with wire. The square hex tends to not feed well and melts alot. Their has been a few knock offs, not nearly as good as the Gator Line Brand.

twall

twall

It's a twisted hex with wire. The square hex tends to not feed well and melts alot. Their has been a few knock offs, not nearly as good as the Gator Line Brand.

Does all the gator line have wire in it?

Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy

All that I have seen does. You can physically see the wire inside it. Give it a try, you'll like it. They retail it in very small amounts or the large spool for commercial guys.

CajunCub

CajunCub

4 side square cut 1.05 "Weed Buster", only thing is...it's bright orange:laughing: My wife picks up pieces of days after cutting!:biggrin:

Ric

Ric

Actually Gatorline doesn't have any wire in it to my knowledge. The line is made of two different materials to give it optimum performance. The core is made from a high strength polymer that resists breaking. The outer layer is made from a abrasion resistant polymer with anti-welding properties. The outer layer is also reinforced with Aramid fibers. I buy the .105 by the spool.

Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy

Actually Gatorline doesn't have any wire in it to my knowledge. The line is made of two different materials to give it optimum performance. The core is made from a high strength polymer that resists breaking. The outer layer is made from a abrasion resistant polymer with anti-welding properties. The outer layer is also reinforced with Aramid fibers. I buy the .105 by the spool.

I learned something new, good stuff! I used to use the .105, since this line is so tough I switched to the
.095 to get more on the heads. Less restringing.

mystreba

mystreba

Anyone use the individual replacement lines rather than spools?

Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy

Yes, I know a few. They like them. Works ok for a smaller yard with no chain link fence.

Ric

Ric

Individual replacement lines would be to expensive for anyone in the business to use say nothing about time consuming. As a homeowner I have used them and they work well if you don't have a lot of area to cover.

W

wrottin

Shakespeare heavy duty. I won't use anything else

Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy

Funny this came back up, just bought another Big spoole of "Gator Line" today.
"To Each His Own":thumbsup:

S

Steveyf

I've been using the Gator line for the last year or so and have been very happy with its performance.

Sammy the Red

Sammy the Red

I use Echo CrossFire .095 in my Stihl trimmers.

Parkmower

Parkmower

Use echo .95 in
5 stihl fs 55s
2 older hoffco
And 2 older robin
From mid may to labor day we have 3 man crew that trims about 20-30 hrs a week

wjjones

wjjones

Echo brand .095 ..