WHAT TIME OF DAY IS APPROPRIATE TO START MOWING?

tybilly

Threads
We run crews 7 days a week. The weekend crews mostly do irrigation work or enhancement work on business parks/industrial properties. They dont want us there during the week because of the noise. We also do a couple private schools that require us to start at 6am for the same reason that they want us out of there before class starts.

As a business owner i want to have crews working as many days as possible. More work means??????..……

We are not to good for weekends :/ lol

im interested in learning to install irrigation where can i findout how to do this?

MSlandscaping

Threads
tybilly said:
im interested in learning to install irrigation where can i findout how to do this?

To be honest the only real way to learn is hands on experience. I was fresh out of high school when i started digging trenches and learning irrigation. When it comes to irrigation there a million different ways to do things and a million different brands of products to use. If you want to learn fly out to Ca and ill send you with my crews :)

tybilly

Threads
well i certainly appreciate that offer and if time and money were different i would entertain that offer, i take it its not just placing in the milldle of yatd and running pipe to a water source,i have a walkbehind ditchwitch,and was thinking Toro,because thats the only product i know of,thanks

Threads
We started at 8 am after started for many years at 7am. When starting at 7 am, we received many complaints. Be careful.

Threads
O Dark Thirty is the best time. The headlights on the tractor Blind the Deer and Skunks and give you a better shot at them.

Anyone that wants to help me with my landscaping. Cleanup, Burn Piles, Stump digging, Loam/Topsoil, Lime, Fertilizer, Grasseed etc is welcome.

Will TRADE DEEP SEA Fishing Charter Trips.

Saco/Old Orchard Beach Maine

Capt@WickedGoodOutdoors.com

Attachments

• image609.png
    image609.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 17

tybilly

Threads
I start as soon as the dew is off the grass.

I have never understood why some want to start as soon as the sun comes up then be done before 2.
I wait for the dew to be gone cutting wet grass leaves brown tips.
And I work till dark and never on a Sunday that's just asking for trouble

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Done before 2 here in charleston sc is a blessing with this heat.lol

Crawdad

Threads
I start as soon as the dew is off the grass.

I have never understood why some want to start as soon as the sun comes up then be done before 2.
I wait for the dew to be gone cutting wet grass leaves brown tips.
And I work till dark and never on a Sunday that's just asking for trouble

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

I never understood waiting for the dew to be gone...My Scag does a great job on wet grass, and I am not waiting until 1 PM to start mowing.

mowermec

Forum Newbie
Threads
An old rule in th UK is never mow before 11 and never after 7.It might be different in the States.
Mowermec

Threads
An old rule in th UK is never mow before 11 and never after 7.It might be different in the States.
Mowermec

Yeah, here in the US, Sunday is really the only day that rule would apply!

the lawn guy

Threads
We usually start at 8:00 am weekdays, the same for Sat . We never cut on Sundays. That is when we count all our money and dine at fancy restaurants! ( Just kidding about the restaurants).