WHAT TIME OF DAY IS APPROPRIATE TO START MOWING?

Ariena

Threads
exotion said:
I do not think I am better than any of you... really :/ im just a 23 year old who kinda knows what he is doing.

Kinda makes the case, doesn't it?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
In no way do I think I am any better than any of you. My plans for my business is to fill up 4 8 hour days mon - thurs with mows and fri with other landscape maintence jobs 8 hrs I do not want my company to get any bigger.

I do not think I am better than any of you... really :/ im just a 23 year old who kinda knows what he is doing.

I thought the object of being a business owner and operator, working for yourself was so you could work the days and hours you want to work.

Your work schedule sounds like you have a game plan and if you and your clients are happy I'd stay with.

Ariena

Threads
exotion said:
I find that if I arrive at my first Job at 8 it is late enough even the people who sleep in cant complain to much. As for weekends... I am to good for weekends

The difficulty here is, if someone is offended by the noise at 8 o'clock in the morning, they will be sure to take note who is making the noise. This leads to negative word of mouth advertising which leads to loss of existing clients or the loss of potential clients. As we know, word of mouth advertising in this business (positive or negative) is the most effective method of advertising.
However, this young lad will soon learn that his desire for weekends off may lead to three or four days off due to lack of business. Let's just hope it's his naïveté and not a trash and burn business policy.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The difficulty here is, if someone is offended by the noise at 8 o'clock in the morning, they will be sure to take note who is making the noise. This leads to negative word of mouth advertising which leads to loss of existing clients or the loss of potential clients. As we know, word of mouth advertising in this business (positive or negative) is the most effective method of advertising.
However, this young lad will soon learn that his desire for weekends off may lead to three or four days off due to lack of business. Let's just hope it's his na?et and not a trash and burn business policy.

You say the difficulty here is, if someone is offended by the noise at 8 o'clock in the morning and it could lead to negative word of mouth advertising. Most word of mouth advertising will come from the clients themselves to the surrounding
neighborhood and will be achieved by the work preformed by the individual or business.
The greatest percentage of company's that take on new clients discuss starting times during the estimate, before they before taking the client, I tell all new customers the time I start in the morning and I've never had a compliant with 7:30am in fact some tell me the earlier the better.
If you think 8:00am is terrible, I know one crew that starts mowing and running there equipment at 5:30am seven days a week and I know that because they're basically next door to me.

Last edited:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
The man next door to me thought it was a good thing to mow his grass at 5 am every Saturday so I went and had a talk with him he told me if I don't like it move. He was not happy on Friday night when I had a yard full of bikes and drunk bikers till 2 am he now mows at 9am

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

MSlandscaping

Threads
We run crews 7 days a week. The weekend crews mostly do irrigation work or enhancement work on business parks/industrial properties. They dont want us there during the week because of the noise. We also do a couple private schools that require us to start at 6am for the same reason that they want us out of there before class starts.

As a business owner i want to have crews working as many days as possible. More work means??????..……

We are not to good for weekends :/ lol

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thats nice and I think that is great I do not want to get that big I dont even want to hire a second person to work with. I am going to fill up my days as a One man band and still make 4 times what I do working for someone else. If I stay a one man band I can work what ever hours I decide to work

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
MSlandscaping said:
We run crews 7 days a week. The weekend crews mostly do irrigation work or enhancement work on business parks/industrial properties. They dont want us there during the week because of the noise. We also do a couple private schools that require us to start at 6am for the same reason that they want us out of there before class starts.

As a business owner i want to have crews working as many days as possible. More work means??????..……

We are not to good for weekends :/ lol

I agree if they want you there at 6am or 6pm be there.
I did a daycare center a few years ago and they wanted everything done on the weekends

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thats nice and I think that is great I do not want to get that big I dont even want to hire a second person to work with. I am going to fill up my days as a One man band and still make 4 times what I do working for someone else. If I stay a one man band I can work what ever hours I decide to work

That's the reason I stay or keep the business the way it is, I can work what ever hours I decide to work. My monthly income is twice my previous job and I work half the hours.

MSlandscaping

Threads
Everyone does what they feel is right for their business. I love working and expanding my business and i will expand as much as i possibly can.