What They Don't Want You to Know! Insider Secrets and Tips to Shopping at Harbor Freight

gregboggess

Threads
  • / What They Don't Want You to Know! Insider Secrets and Tips to Shopping at Harbor Freight
It is another name for Wally World aka Walmart. It is what I have been calling them for years.

Every the Walton family quit Sam Walton's policy of selling American products whenever he could. Now it is over ran with Chinese products.
Thanks for the clarification.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / What They Don't Want You to Know! Insider Secrets and Tips to Shopping at Harbor Freight
I don't have a Tramlaw plus account but I do have a tax exempt account with them.

As for Temu it is a new service so only time will tell if it proves to be of any value. As far somethings appear to lower in cost and others are high; just depend on what you looking for. Delivery times are a little slow however.

But either one of the three you must do your homework before ordering. Right now Tramlaw has the motor just as cheap as the local store with free shipping so that saves me having to drive 60+ miles round trip to local store and I can focus on the shop repairs.

I signed up for "Wish" when it first came out. They gave me a couple of trinkets just for signing up. It took like 2 or 3 weeks to get them in. So, I never bought anything else.
The ex bought quite a bit of stuff from Wish. She said it took so long to get the stuff she bought, that by the time they came in, she'd forgotten she even bought it. LMAO.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
One precaution:

The coupon site given in the video, HFQDPDB.com, is not a secure site. (He says it right, but the text he displays in the video is incorrect.)

The correct url is HFQPDB.com

Fortunately my browser warned me and blocked it, and I never override those blocks. Then I went back and listened to him say the different-but-correct URL - and that worked.

👍

Ah, that "D" in between the Q & P.

HFQPDB
Harbor
Freight
Quality
Pretty
Darn
Bad

1madmouse

Threads
I would be careful of Temu they have a habit of loading you up with all kinds of emails. I had a heck of a time cleaning their stuff from my email accounts. Amazon is constantly getting into more fields of stuff, you just have to do like said here, do your research. I was told when Sam died , his kids sold out to china, but that is hearsay. The guy who posted the video has some good info, I am an Inside track member and have saved a bit that way. I used to consider HFT stuff as throwaway, use for a job expecting it to break or wear out quick. I am starting to change that thinking as some of the tools I bought have yet to break, and I have saved a bit buying HFT and not expensive name brand.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes Inside Track Club member here too.

First purchase took three tries to get one that worked 800lbs transmission. First one would not hold a 30 lb concrete block, and the second one that hydraulic jack failed before I could the transmission out. Third one is still a maybe but at it held until I got my transmission back in. Currently awaiting replacement bearing separator set that came in damage in January. Don't know if buying from them is worth the trouble.

1madmouse

Threads
I can see where you would think too much trouble for what might save. My first was a floorjack and it still works, someone stole the transmission jack adapter so i can't say. Some stuff went sky high when Covid hit like the Nitril gloves, makes them look bad claiming transportation and delivery problems like all the other places that jacked up prices. Quit passing all the costs to us customers. Covid was a shame to see how it went everywhere and all the companies that used it to raise prices on almost everything you can buy. I think I should do that check to see if i saved enough to warrant being an Inside Track member. Got tool to pull Pitman Arms it lasted 5 minutes, I don't buy their sockets or wrenches. Do get polishing supplies there and grinding discs for metal work. Towing stuff is decent price and their winch stuff is OK. There is more but mostly consumables. Didn't know they had lifetime warranties.

eagle86801

Threads
This is pretty interesting. Maybe it'll save some folks some money.

Thanks for the video it was interesting . I'd like to see a part II

packy51

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'd stay away from Temu. They are a Chinese company and all Chinese companies are directly controlled by the CCP

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I'd stay away from Temu. They are a Chinese company and all Chinese companies are directly controlled by the CCP
That part of the problem but the biggest part of what you buy come from Chinese companies via middle men. Why not try to take a few of the middle men out the picture and deal direct.
Walmart is one the worst companies for buying Chinese products. Sure miss Sam Walton and his buy American philosophy. And Amazon is right in there too.

So many of OEM now have factories in the Far East because Americans are unwilling to work for lower wages which help lower prices of the goods they produce. No wonder so much automation is taking the jobs now as the machines are cheaper to maintain than the human workers and they don't require health insurance. There is even factories that no human hand touches the products once the raw materials enters the factory until it is on the shipping dock.

BTW the current wage increases are already having a negative on all across the board as their products are becoming out reach of the common man. The inflation it is causing it the reason it is beyond me to go to the fast food restaurants and why steaks are over $16 per pound but the grower of the beef still not seeing the price increases except for his costs. Personally I just had to switch lower cost items and just leave things on the shelves to rot. I refuse to pay $16 per pound for steaks as I am a below minimum wage earner. I have learn to live within my means.

Here is an example of what middle men can cause. A customer needed a new pressure washer pump as he ran his into the scrape pile. Simpson wanted nearly $400 + shipping for the replacement but thru research I was able to eliminate a few of the middle men and got the pump for $199 including shipping. And I didn't even check Temu as I needed quicker delivery. I making decent profit and the customer is saving quite a bit at the same time.

iowaztr

Threads
About dumpster diving- I believe around where I live the dumpster and contents are considered private property of the refuse company. It is considered trespassing and theft if you are caught dumpster diving and removing items.