Vanousb

Threads
Kentucky (on the tn line literally).

serelaw

Threads
Harvest, Al... Skippidy Do Da

bfleming98

Threads
Michigan Here.... Weather is finally getting nice.

chemingthroughtheleather

Threads
SE Indiana @40 miles west of Cincinnati.I think we are known for our allergy laden environment so summer usually sucks!:mad:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Internet never ceases to amaze me(and I spent over 40 years in a mainframe computer programming career). I remember when IBM offered the first personal desktop computer to consumers(the year my son was born-1981). Most of us mainframers considered them a "toy" rather than a computer. Now they are more powerful than the mainframe computers of the 70's(my first job was a computer operator on a Honeywell that had 16K memory and filled a room....my iMac has 24GB of memory and sits on my desk:0)
I should probably clarify my first statement....the "Internet" is VERY different from the World Wide Web(www.....) in that the Department of Defense designed and implemented the Internet in 1969, 45 years ago, and it obviously was a network of connected mainframe computers. The www actually was "born" on March 12, 1989(so it is 25 years old) and is largely what everyone refers to as the Internet even though the www is only one avenue of transferring information electronically over the Internet.

All that being said and back to my original thoughts....it still amazes me that 26 years ago I would not have people literally all over the world reading what I am typing and we would not be responding to one another from every state in the U.S.(and beyond). Makes those of us more than 25-yrs-old stop & think about what we take for granted(technology wise) not even existing as late as 1988!!!!!

gabowman

Threads
100 miles east of Atlanta, Georgia.