What mower do you use and why?

Deerebeer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I mow close to 2 acres. I have a 1995 JD 445 W/ liquid cooled Kowasaki. I use a Toro 21" you push. and a Weed eater string whip. My JD is also my snowplow W54" blade. It been a great pc. of equipment and very reliable. Just repainted JD so it looks like new again. About 1100 hrs. still runniiing strong:drink:

173abn

Threads
I used to mow with my Yanmar pulling a first choice finish mower,then I got ahold of an old J.D.111.It was ok but I mow around 2 acres and don't think it would last more than a few seasons.I just bought a nice used 928d Grasshopper.what a machine.that 28hp Kubota diesel with the front mount 61" deck is just what I need.now my Yanmar is used for "tractor" stuff and I even look foward to "mowing" day. russ

Rip

Threads
I have an almost new Cub LT2180 that was given to me because the previous owner had rolled it over while cutting grass along a creek.

The next time it was cranked it shook and shuddered and expelled large clouds of smoke. The owner thinking it was ruined and with deeper pockets than mine, parked it and bought a new mower. The little Cub sat for years unattended until the owner decided to throw it away.

For once I happened to be in the right place at the right time. With some fresh gas and a jump start I was able to crank the mower and drive it onto my trailer. I took it home and changed out all fluids, filters and plugs. Then I put in a new battery and changed belts and installed a new set of blades. I now have a fine mower for the cost of the materials that I have in it.

That's why I have a Cub Cadet LT2180.

Rip

Rickstir

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cub Cadet LT50.
Had a JD 173 for 10 years, blew the tranny.
Looked around some and the closest JD could get to the specs of the Cub was $1000 too high.
Took the chance on the Cub and I must say it is a fine machine. Nice wide cut, very even. Engine is easy to care for. My only complaint and it is true of all these kind of mowers is that the mower deck is so hard to take off. I have gone to raising the front end on a hoist so I can clean out under the deck, greese the zerts or service the blades. They all say they are easy but they are a pain you know where.

Rpeter1

Threads
I have a commercial grade Gravely that must be at least 20 years old. It was a hand me down from my father-in-law. The mower deck is out front followed by the two drive wheels. At the back end you sit over the one back wheel that is turned by a U shaped "stick". It sounds kind of weird but actually works really well. However; I am 60 years old and turning the stick is getting hard on my old arthritic hands. :confused2:

warcloud

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kubota 2360 with a 60 ' mower deck and a Troy Built gx 20 with a 48' mower deck both great tractors