What jump starters for zero turn mowers your using.

Threads
  • / What jump starters for zero turn mowers your using.
What jump starters for zero turn mowers your using? I'm thinking of buying one.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I use a cheap car parts store one that has a work light and more importantly a tyre pump as ride ons always seem to die in the lowest end of a garden and the tyres always seem to be flat
I rarely use mine for starting but do use it a lot to verify the starter works .

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I use a cheap car parts store one that has a work light and more importantly a tyre pump as ride ons always seem to die in the lowest end of a garden and the tyres always seem to be flat
I rarely use mine for starting but do use it a lot to verify the starter works .

I use a Schumacher brand jump pack. Just do a little research online and read reviews,,etc. they are all pretty decent and mostly made in China.

Threads
I bought a Duralast 800 amp jump starter at Advance Auto and got it home and turned it on. No lights, so I plugged it in over night and still no lights. Nothing. I took it back and they refunded my $90. They said it looked used. I told them that's the one they gave me yesterday and all I did was plug it in. They acted stupid like I was pulling a fast one on them but I told them they were trying to sell me a used dead one.

I went to Home Depot and bought a Vector 1600A for the same price. Got it home and it was fully charged. I ended up putting it in the back of my wife's car incase she gets stranded somewhere.

I also bought a Vector 1.5 amp charger/maintainer for my zero turn.

bullet bob

Threads
Noco GB40. Noco is a top-of-the-line booster and I carry it in my vehicle(s), not just for a little mower battery.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I bought a Duralast 800 amp jump starter at Advance Auto and got it home and turned it on. No lights, so I plugged it in over night and still no lights. Nothing. I took it back and they refunded my $90. They said it looked used. I told them that's the one they gave me yesterday and all I did was plug it in. They acted stupid like I was pulling a fast one on them but I told them they were trying to sell me a used dead one.

I went to Home Depot and bought a Vector 1600A for the same price. Got it home and it was fully charged. I ended up putting it in the back of my wife's car incase she gets stranded somewhere.

I also bought a Vector 1.5 amp charger/maintainer for my zero turn.
Warning: Avoid advance auto, sold me a 3 year old battery for my truck, but they re-labeled it as new......Manager said nothing he could do. I called Corporate & they sounded interested, & would call me back. That was weeks ago.

If you look up about advance auto, they do NOT seem what they used to be.. I won't but anything from them anymore.

Its Me

Threads
I got a jump starter from Harbor Freight, I think it is the 650, any how these work well when I go to pick up a mower to work on I bring it and has enough power to also operate the winch to pull the mowers up, they have lasted me about 3 years, I am pleased with that, watch you can get them sometimes on a 25% discount. just charge it after you use it the light will tell you when its charged.

Freddie21

Threads
One thing about jump boxes, many of the smaller size, high amperage, units will not jump a dead battery. There must be a minimum amount of charge in the battery for it to add to. Some will have a 'boost' feature, but I find it only works sometimes. The larger jump packs, with the air pump, actually has a small 12v battery in it and will jump a machine, even if there is no battery in it. I use mine to jump machines and also power the wench on my trailer. Heavier and more bulky, but more useful. Treat it as you would your battery. Keep it charged. I keep a small jump box in my vehicle for an emergency.

mgmine

Threads
I have a 7 year old cheap Harbor Freight one and it works fine for all my jumping needs.