what do you lift your mower with ??? to work on !!!

I use a "cherry picker" (engine hoist) and it leaves the entire underside unobstructed.
For safety, I have several different lengths of black iron pipe that are split in half to slide over the hydraulic piston rod. I always release cylinder until the pipe is tight and then close valve. I also use jack stands when possible.:thumbsup:
One of the best tools I have. I have used it to unload truck many times and for other lifting jobs.
I did a lot of fabrication on a fireplace insert and it was easy to move it from one spot to another and to put it in different positions. I took it with me to buy the insert--lifted it and rolled it into bed of truck.
It also folds up for storage.:smile:
 
Thanks for all the idea's. been thinking about the mojack or the turfbuddy.not sure yet.mowing season is just about over for this year.maybe i'll get one for christmas. Thanks again, Rod
 
Ohio Steel Zero-Turn Mower Lift, Model# TL4500

Only : $169.99

Tried to post link. But can't from iPod. They make one for Lt also.
 
Currently drive the mower up on my 5X8 trailer, and then put it up on 4 jackstands. I'm hoping to buy a used Genie lift, old forklift, or make my own rack using an electric winch and some through bolts for safety. I don't even want to think of the troubles involved in some 400 to 800 lb. mower crashing down on top of me.:eek:
 
The OP doesn't state exactly how big his tractor is. My two RERs each weigh no more than 400 lbs and I find a bumper jack works for most maintenance work. You know, one from about 30 years ago, when cars still had real bumpers.

1966-beaumont-chevelle-bumper-jack-original_5222038.jpg
 
oldyellr said:
The OP doesn't state exactly how big his tractor is. My two RERs each weigh no more than 400 lbs and I find a bumper jack works for most maintenance work. You know, one from about 30 years ago, when cars still had real bumpers.

I think that one the best. Saw one at an estate sale last month for $20. Thought that too pricey. Wish I'd got it now
 
Back
Top