What do you do while you mow?

I have been known to create a mental grocery list while mowing. I'm also assessing the status of my various plants and flowers and sizing up the appearance of the yard as a whole.
 
I generally listen to music on my Ipod and zone out. It's one of the only places where there are no kids yakking at me constantly :laughing:.
 
I generally listen to my iPod with some sound deadening headphones. Nothing gets you a better cut lawn than Speed Metal! ha ha
 
I used to listen to music but instances of poor mowing made me disregard that. I like to hum while at it but either way, mowing should be exciting.
 
If not listening to music, simply let my mind drift and think about many other things besides mowing. I have realized that some of the nicest thoughts stream through my mind at such a juncture.
 
I some times Sing to myself as I am cutting grass and other times I just enjoy listing to my Deere's Yanmar Diesels purring as the tractor goes back and forward on the lawn. I have often thought of writting my name in grass with my Deere X744 AWS, but the customers I cut grass for would not appreciate that.
 
I generally listen to low music through sound deadening headphones and enjoy the serenity. I like the sound of low displacement 4 and 2 stroke engines set to music. The game of adjustment to keep the lines dead straight is enough to keep my mind actively on target but loose enough to wander.
 
I spend my mowing time to think about things it's the only time some one is not talking to me

Sent from my iPhone using LMF
 
Back
Top