Comparison What brand is better???

Lukeslawn

Member
Alot of people ask me what brand of riding lawn mower is better, but to be honest I don't really know. I prefer John Deere but only because I've owned one and am happy with it. Between toro, John Deere and kub cadet, which is known to be built better????
 
:eek: I'll take any of the premium line of any of these manufacturers. How's THAT for a chicken answer.?:wink: That being said, I don't like any of the three mentioned in the $1600.00 to $2500.00 range, especially the ones specifically made for sale at the box stores.:ashamed::mad:
 
Yes I also would not ever take a department store brand. Apparently there is rumors that the company modifies a few things in them before there I brought to the department store...
 
Many manufacturers have several lines of equipment to satisfy both the cheapskates and the connoisseurs. You'll find the cheapies in the box mall stores, trading on the brand name, but they are likely made under contract by somebody else. You'll also find them at authorized ag dealers that sell the full line, but there the difference in value will be obvious and the staff can point it out.
 
simply put,imo,there is no single model/brand that is 'best'. the best for someone might not be the best for someone else.price, acceptable cut quality,brand loyalty,place of purchase,features,ease of handling,type of mower, all have to do with each persons choice of mower.to each his/her own.a person might have bought what they thought was the best for their needs only to find out later that it wasn't.:smile: or to put it this way,if there was a best mower, would the other mower brands go out of business because of lack of sales.:biggrin:just my thoughts.
 
The competition from the department stores and big boxes forces the much smaller dealers to really be on the ball....or out of business....then there is the internet...and China...and Mexico, where my LB 10685 was assembled....
We must do what is best for our nation, more or less......
As posted, there is no "best"....IMO, the "best" is a reel pusher on a postage stamp sized lawn...our nation needs park land and playgrounds, not one acre lawns !
But, I think, I am "one of those" with a one acre lawn, so, as a compromise, I am contemplating the purchase of a wide walk behind....exercise....gardening....trees.....the lawn shrinks, as the walk-behind does.... from 34" to 21' ???
 
ive run into many design flaws...and theyre parts system forces you to buy from the factory...thats unacceptable....my Mercedes was the same thing....its a rip off set up...they should be boycotted:mad:
 
I use an older Cub Cadet 883E (33"). I'm pretty sure it's made by MTD. They also make the sister brands to this mower - Troy Built, Craftsman etc. It does a good job for what it is. I mow a little over an arce of grass, around multiple flower beds and trees. It takes a bit to get used to the drive. This unit uses a traditional differential. Which means that to turn, you need to use body english. Where as the larger walk behinds typically have a drive at each rear wheel that you 'counter steer' using the hand controls. It does give me a good work out and it's a whole lot better then the 21" mower I used to mow the same lawn with. Not to mention, I only paid $350.00 for this machine 5 years ago. Other then oil changes and fuel, this mower has been trouble free. Although, I think this winter I'll be installing new rings and decarboning the head.
 
Back
Top