What battery size? 1U is too big.

Threads
I would like to see what the specs are for a 4 cylinder motorcycle using this group size battery.
I do agree a 12hp briggs needs less to spin it over than a 90hp (or more) motorcycle engine.
As a side note:
Harbor Freight makes a battery tender that works well for the money.
My friend has 3 of them to maintain the batteries on his three motorcycles.
[/URL]
I use the Harbor Freight battery tender and it works well for me. I keep all my summer batteries up to snuff over the winter using them. Also, I'd like to add, that if your tractor is a bit older, and has an issue turning over, even with a fully charged or new battery, suspect the condition of the starter motor. I know this may be obvious, but it took me a while to come to that conclusion with my 20 year old YardMan. Starters do lose their zip after a while. If you're replacing batteries too often...try a starter.

Richie F

Threads
Also, I'd like to add, that if your tractor is a bit older, and has an issue turning over, even with a fully charged or new battery, suspect the condition of the starter motor. I know this may be obvious, but it took me a while to come to that conclusion with my 20 year old YardMan. Starters do lose their zip after a while. If you're replacing batteries too often...try a starter.

I'm sorry. I never said mine turns over poorly.
The battery I bought works great and the previous owner had installed a new starter.
I think you got crossed up in this conversation.