What 2 stroke oil do yall use

CauZey

Threads
Okay so my equipment dealer is always talkin about 2 stroke mix oils , gas prices, levels of ethanol in fuel today, and fuel treatments. So my ? To y'all is what do you guys do for your equipment. My dealer recommends high test gas with fuel treatment and a synthetic oil like STIHLS product instead of 100% gas because its a lower octane rating. :)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Okay so my equipment dealer is always talkin about 2 stroke mix oils , gas prices, levels of ethanol in fuel today, and fuel treatments. So my ? To y'all is what do you guys do for your equipment. My dealer recommends high test gas with fuel treatment and a synthetic oil like STIHLS product instead of 100% gas because its a lower octane rating. :)

Always use 93 octane gas in my Mowers and Hand Held equipment and Stihl HP Super Oil.

possum

Threads
Around here within 50 miles there is only one place that has real gas in regular unleaded. All other places with the real non ethanol to include the local one is 91 octane only. If I had to choose between regular unleaded non ethanol and 91 with ethanol I would go with the regular unleaded non ethanol. Most of the new equipment two stroke type all call for JASO FC or FD oils. From what I understand you really should use these oils. On the cheap hardware store handheld stuff i can tell no difference in performance or length of service. There is no real warranty on those around here anyway past a 30 day return as no one wants to work on them under warranty or just charge you for the work and claim operator error. Most guys who run Stihl run Stihl oil. Most handheld two cycle OEM oils have stabilizer in them. No need to add more according to them. I use Stabil in all my gas for OPE. It seems to work the last few years along with 91 non ethanol gas.

CauZey

Threads
Also curious as to what oils people use to mix, and where to get them at a good deal

CauZey

Threads
So like rite at 40$ a gallon that's cheaper than stihl and Husqvarna for sure.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
So like rite at 40$ a gallon that's cheaper than stihl and Husqvarna for sure.

I'm paying 47 and change for the Stihl HP Super.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Also curious as to what oils people use to mix, and where to get them at a good deal

I use mid grade and carquest brand 2 cycle oil :/

tct

Threads
Hi all this is my 1st post, looks like a great forum! I've been using Lucus semi synthetic for the past 2 seasons, I mow 50+ lawns, and have had no issues, it runs cool and consistent, plus it's available in a gallon size, and the last gallon I bought was $26

Threads
Hi all this is my 1st post, looks like a great forum! I've been using Lucus semi synthetic for the past 2 seasons, I mow 50+ lawns, and have had no issues, it runs cool and consistent, plus it's available in a gallon size, and the last gallon I bought was $26

Nice...and welcome to the forums at LawnWorld! :welcome: