Buying Advice What 2 cycle oil

I run stihl 50:1. Like Ric said buy by bulk. Personally I would go to a dealer and not Walmart. I love walking into my dealer and getting the red carpet treatment...they know my name too. Lol haha

Yea they know my name too, but they know my debit card number better. :laughing:
 
Little more money to buy, but a quart gos a log ways Amsoil 2 cycle 100 to 1 oil. I use it in all my 2 cycle engines. I even use it in my old snowmobile that originally was 20 to 1 and I have a old chainsaw what was 16 to 1.
 
I know what you mean Walmart oil destroyed my trimmer.

I found Kawasaki K-Tech Oil to be the Best product and best Price !! We use it in all our units and No issues now for over 2 years.
 
I know what you mean Walmart oil destroyed my trimmer.


I am not trying to say you are wrong with this statement. I am sure not a fan of Walmart.because they can sell junk. This being said are you sure it was the oil? Just how did you determine it was bad oil? I have used super tech oil for years in 2&4 cycle engines an never have I had a oil problim. I still use Super Tech in my older 2 cycle mopeds because they are oil injected and they have a lot of miles on them. Could you have gotten a bad batch of oil? If so they should replace your trimmer.
 
100 % sure The Dealer showed where the Ash in the oil built up to much in the exhaust ports and cause the carbon to destroy the cylinder. Ash is the filler they use to keep the oil at a lower cost. This is why you see LOW ASH oils advertised on the can.

Next your talking injector oil vs mixing oil !! it is like Boat oil to lawn mower oil total difference.

Trust me when you pay Walmart $ 2.00 For Super Tech and Kawasaki Oil $ 1.89 for the same size Walmart is not only cheap but Expensive !!

Heck the Guy I get oil from (Mowtownusa.com ) Ships it to me FRee and no Sales Tax !! So it is totaly a better Deal

Sorry Walmart !!
 
100 % sure The Dealer showed where the Ash in the oil built up to much in the exhaust ports and cause the carbon to destroy the cylinder. Ash is the filler they use to keep the oil at a lower cost. This is why you see LOW ASH oils advertised on the can.


Thanks, never too old to learn.
 
The thing is when you use that stuff they call oil from Wally World and K-mart you're not doing yourself or your equipment any favors. You'll end up paying later.
 
I used my super tec I got last week not the bad no ash so far and is very clean running don't care what others say

Been using super tech for years and never no problems but I guess the next person dose? I have changed over to Amsoil on most everything I own only because my son-in-law sells it. I am thinking there is as many opinions on oil as there are brands of it.
 
Back
Top