Buying Advice What 2 cycle oil

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I have trimmers that take 50:1 and I am looking to find a way to save money on 2 cycle oil cause it so expensive and I want it to be good not the stuff u buy at Walmart or something it will all be use for my lawn care business :thumbsup::biggrin:

Buckshot 1

Threads
:smile: I use Stihl or Lawn Boy ashless oil. I mix mine at 50 to 1 and run it all my 2 cycle equipment. Don B.

possum

Threads
Oil esp. two cycle oil has begun to take on almost magical powers in hearts and minds of OPE makers and owners. Most 50 to 0ne OPE require JASO FC and or FD oils nowdays. More letters and numbers are included and more seem to be added about every time you turn around. Any Oregon dealer can order you in JASO FC oil by the gallon for 35 bucks, smaller containers for about the price of one dollar per gallon of mixed gasoline for the oil. Mystic oil can be had in FC and FD for about 35 bucks a gallon plus shipping and 5 bucks a quart plus shipping. Some of these oils are certified and some are not. FB oils are about everywhere for 3 to 5 bucks a quart. Menards has Quaker State universal air cooled for $3.50 a quart out the door. I can get the same type of oil at the grocery store here in Phillips 66 for less than five a quart. Decide what kind of oil you want and what kind you need and go shopping. Bear in mind what type of oil your warranty requires and OPE requires. If you indeed use large quanities oil distributors offer high quality two cycle oils in five, thirty, and I think I have seen a couple advertised in 55 gallon drums.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have used Poulan synthetic in my 2 stroke trimmer. A "big" bottle from walmart is ?$3-$4? Lasts a couple seasons. Seems good. This is home owner use.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have trimmers that take 50:1 and I am looking to find a way to save money on 2 cycle oil cause it so expensive and I want it to be good not the stuff u buy at Walmart or something it will all be use for my lawn care business :thumbsup::biggrin:

If you want to buy good oil cheap for your Business the best way is to buy it by the gallon or bulk.

Just so you know buying by the 2.6oz bottle of Echo oil (Using HD price) your paying $2.97 per bottle or the equivalent of $145.53 a gallon. You can buy a gallon of the Echo Power blend for like $40 a gallon. The Stihl I just picked up was $52 a gallon, and both will make 50 gallons of mix. I do the same thing with oil filters that cost $11.95 each, if I buy by the case I can get the same filter for like $6.00 each.
When your running a business buying smart when you can, getting discounts from a dealer all can effect you bottom line.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I buy the Wal-Mart stuff and run it in my trimmers and blowers and chain saw. I have also run it in my Outboard motors. Been using it for several years and never lost an engine because of bad oil.

Threads
I use Echo PowerBlend oil. It is probably not even close to the cheapest, but I like it. :thumbsup:
DSCN3930.jpg

metz12

Threads
I buy a gallon of penzoil oil and its great stuff. all of my equipment runs on 40:1 besides my chainsaws.