Welcome to the Murray Forum -- Check in Here First!

mike in tn

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Murray equipment owners!

Hello my name is Mike from Tn. I have a 1996 Murray 46 in. cut 16 hp. hydrostatic automatic
drive. Does anyone have a part number for the belt?

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads

Hello my name is Mike from Tn. I have a 1996 Murray 46 in. cut 16 hp. hydrostatic automatic
drive. Does anyone have a part number for the belt?

Which belt?
drive or mower deck?
get the model and serial numbers and find a parts diagram online
if you have the old belt, then look for a part number
ebay has great deals on belts, but i like to give my local shop a chance first...

dberry1052

Forum Newbie
Threads
desperately trying to find part for this Murray (scott's) model 22965x8B....she runs like a top but the deck is rotted out...trying to find a replacement deck (part number 7501002) (part number one on parts listing). A good clean, used deck, not too rusty would work for me and I am willing to pay a reasonable fee for it. I hate throwing things away. Anyone with one of these with trashed motor etc who wants to give the deck a new home?

Attachments

• mower 22965X8B .pdf
    886.3 KB · Views: 7

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi My name is Robert and I have a Murray riding mower that I inherit when I bought this three acre property which has issues as well but I will post that later. My main concern is getting my ol reliable back an running again and that is my Murray 5.75 Quantum push mower. the rope won't retract but have manage to get that to work, and what I mean by that is before I put it back together I tried and the rope wound back in the pulley, now the issue is when I pulled the rope it locks up and won't let the rope retract. I've post the same message but I guess I was in the wrong area. If you have any suggestion on how to resolve this please feel free to let me know what I am doing wrong

rfds

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, my name is bob.

I have a murray 405000x8E riding mower; have had it about 10 years or so; has never failed me ..until....

I went out to start it today and nothing...turn the key and not a sound; so I went and bought a new battery; put the batter in and still the same result.
Turn the key and nothing...not really sure where to start.

any help / guidance would be appreciated.

thanks!

blues124

Threads
  • / Welcome to the Murray Forum -- Check in Here First!
Greetings!
I was given a Murray model 42828X8B for free as a pet project. The owner said it hasn't run in 4 years, but I think that's an exaggeration. The "Mfg. Date" is 96057 = 1996?
The engine (Tecumseh Enduro OHV16) appears to be in decent shape, but the body has quite a bit of rust since it was stored outside. I haven't tried to start it - I know that could do damage. The gas tank was flooded with water, but the engine oil appears old but OK. I'm sure I'll be posting several requests for assistance in the near future. Speaking of which, the owner didn't have the key. I assume this is no big deal; I can either 'hotwire' a new switch into it, or maybe turn it with a screwdriver. :)
Any advice, warnings, etc before starting this project would be appreciated. I don't intend to sink a lot of money into it, but I don't mind the manual labor and am pretty good with engines.
-Steve
2014-09-29 18.25.32.jpg2014-09-29 18.26.56.jpg2014-09-29 18.24.48.jpg2014-09-29 18.24.34.jpg2014-09-29 18.23.17.jpg

KellysKans

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi just joined. I am a scrapper but I decided to keep my latest find and maybe start a collection of them. I picked this up yesterday for free, today I bolted a plow to it, but am having issues getting it started. I can't get a click a whirrr or even a spike on the ammometer. It had no plug when I got it and I went to autozone and got what I think was the right one (would it do anything if sparkplug wasn't there?) Its a 12hp commercial industrial motor by briggs and Stratton. Tractor is model 40608a. I also got a tow behind spreader, if I can get it started I'm going to reinforce frame and use to clear some driveways by me. The pic of wire was disconnected when I got it not sure where it goes to 20141230_161604.jpg20141230_161554.jpg20141230_161614.jpg20141230_112928.jpg20141230_112914.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your Murray power tools (that is, if your mower has a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Murray owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Murray owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Murray stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Just joined the Murray Forum today, I just bought a 2004 Murray Select with 46in. deck & Briggs 21 H.P. Intek Twin cyl. , in process of TOTAL rebuild , wife wants to kill me over it but she lets me stay out of trouble tinkering with my toys. I have actually bought a strong engine which is attached to a set of tires and a bunch of metal that the wife says would be a great boat anchor ...... God I love her !! got plenty of photos to share ( when I learn how to upload them ) Ive done a ton of research on my particular model but also learned a lot from places on-line too. Just replaced the transaxle BRAND NEW - $ 79.00 + S&H ( about $100.00 total ) , talk about luck finding parts ..... replacing the Variator pulley assy too , ( $ 185.00 NEW ) REALLY lucky on that part. ( usually a $220.00 to $285.00 item ) Anyway , will try to update my story soon and hope to contribute some info. to help others , 1 tip for now.. a FRAM # 3614 oil filter works fine on this engine , ( about $4.00 at Walmart ) beats the hell out of a $ 12.00 B&S anyday !!

Bhop

Threads
My name is Buck, I bought a used murray 46581x92 it ran great for two seasons then started having problems. I've replaced the deck belts and cleaned carb and intake. It runs ok now but I need to replace the drive belt and somehow refill the hydrostatic trans. Problem is its a 2000 model and murray.com is no help and I can only find exploded parts diagrams and I need actual manuals.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome Buck, Sorry to tell you that Murray NEVER made service manuals for their equipment, just the few adjustments in the owners guide. But you can learn a lot from this site, the folks here have a lot of info, and are very helpful. Sorry for not being of any assistance, hoping things work out for you . later Boobala ..:welcome: