Welcome to the Exmark Forum -- Check in Here First!

Big Benny

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Exmark mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Exmark owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Exmark mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Exmark stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
Hey guys, 2012 Exmark X-Series

bigjohn0089

Forum Newbie
Threads
New guy here. Just bought a house last month with 3.5 acres and got a super smoking deal on 2 mowers from the previous homeowner. I have a good mower and a parts mower. Both 2001 Lazer Z XP 72" with the 27hp diesel. Only had to replace jackshaft housing to make her run right. Im changing the oil, filter, Fuel filter and hydro filter as well. Got the combo for $700!!! I feel I stole it. Its my first ZTR so I am new to the game.

Where do you guys source your parts? Partstree? eBay?

Looking forward to being part of the community and learning about my mower. Already printed out both manuals.No pics yet.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I usually get my parts from my dealer to support them, but I'm a professional and feel that I get better treatment that way - relationship building deal. You may find that availability of some parts is a bit of an issue, such as having to buy a whole assembly rather than individual parts for a machine of that age. That's been my experience lately for my 2001 Turf Tracer and the 2002 Lazer Z HP that I sold last fall.

bigjohn0089

Forum Newbie
Threads
I usually get my parts from my dealer to support them, but I'm a professional and feel that I get better treatment that way - relationship building deal. You may find that availability of some parts is a bit of an issue, such as having to buy a whole assembly rather than individual parts for a machine of that age. That's been my experience lately for my 2001 Turf Tracer and the 2002 Lazer Z HP that I sold last fall.
thanks man. I have only ever had a push mower and the only dealer around is an Ag Pro that only has JD. I guess ill do some digging!

JNewkirk

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Exmark Forum -- Check in Here First!
I acquired a eXmark Lazer X Series ( LZX801KA606SS ) with a Kawasaki motor. I need to change the spark plugs but can only get to one of them. I can not figure out how to get access to the spark plug that is located on the side of the motor that is directly behind the seat. I flipped the seat forward but still can't get access to the spark plug to change it out. I have searched online for a video without luck and the owner's manual doesn't offer any type of assistance either. Any suggestions or advice?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I acquired a eXmark Lazer X Series ( LZX801KA606SS ) with a Kawasaki motor. I need to change the spark plugs but can only get to one of them. I can not figure out how to get access to the spark plug that is located on the side of the motor that is directly behind the seat. I flipped the seat forward but still can't get access to the spark plug to change it out. I have searched online for a video without luck and the owner's manual doesn't offer any type of assistance either. Any suggestions or advice?
No direct knowledge of your specific issue but sometimes it's necessary to use a combination of swivels and extensions for plug removal. Can you post a picture?

Bcain

Forum Newbie
Threads
just moved to mountains of north carolina and former owner left me an exmark Model Number QTE691KA501 with KAWASAKI EngineModel FR691V/AS07-R
It seems to be in fairly good shape, but know next to nothing about maintenance. Property is 5 acres with slight hills and I can only turn to the left (right handle works more like a brake when put in reverse while the left handle backs up easily (mowing on the side hill, the mower will always dive to the left at some point). The blade on the right free spins. I am looking for manuals, but in the meantime is there a shear pin on the bolt holding the blade? to get the blade off, will I take the spindle off or use a chain wrench on the pulley and a wrench on the blade bolt? Thankis for any help for this newbie.

sivicman

Threads
Hello, I am new to this forum. I just purchased a brand new 2020 Exmark Radius X-Series, w/52" deck. This is my first Exmark mower. I previously owned a Kubota B7610 tractor w/front end loader, and 60" deck when I lived in Ohio. Now I live in Alabama, so no more snow to plow. This is my first zero turn mower, so it's going to take some time getting use to. There are so many ZTR mowers on the market that you really need to do your research. I hope I made a great choice. Dealer said it was way more mower than what I need.

t5rider

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all. New to the forum, purchased a 2019 Radius S Series 52" this year. Our first ZT mower and I am hoping to glean info on general maintenance, as well as the best options for bagging/mulching leaves as our property has a lot of Cottonwood trees, so we are dealing with leaves all year.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello all. New to the forum, purchased a 2019 Radius S Series 52" this year. Our first ZT mower and I am hoping to glean info on general maintenance, as well as the best options for bagging/mulching leaves as our property has a lot of Cottonwood trees, so we are dealing with leaves all year.
Congratulations. Those are nice mowers!

Gator G5 mulching blades while discharging are my blades of choice most of the time. If you keep up on the fall mowing you should be able to make most of the leaves disappear. You may have to make a couple of passes but you should be able to do the second pass at speed.