Vintage Lawn Mower Ads

Now I see where the off-set wheel design originated..
In so many ways, a better time...You will never see one of todays mowers being tauted for its light weight....and a man shown easily lifting one !
Is the origin of the ad known ??
Pop. Mechanics or Science ??

I believe that was the year 1953, out of Life magazine. I am looking for a sharper version than that one. :biggrin:
 
Here is one for REO Royale out of 1953 in the Saturday Evening Post. :biggrin:
 

Attachments

  • 53reoroyalemower.jpg
    53reoroyalemower.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 38
Well well well, this thread is still going, who'd have thought there would be so many vintage adverts!

So, missed me ? :rolleyes:
 
Royal Blade De Luxe lawn mower - leaflet issued by Qualcast of Derby, 1959 :biggrin:
 

Attachments

  • qualcastroyalblade.jpg
    qualcastroyalblade.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 56
A GNS ???
Google....nothing pertainent...but a one page search...
These babies must have cost a fortune, even in '59.
The Rolls Royce of mowers ?
 
homely20ride20a20matic.jpg


You have to admit....that is a spiffy machine!

so are those purple pants!!:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top