Vintage Lawn Mower Ads

That is freakin' HILARIOUS!!

What is also hilarious is the OUTFIT being worn by the hottie using the mower. Yeah, right - like I'd ever wear little flats and a silk scarf around my neck while I'm mowing.
 
My my my u don't see mower ads like that these days! Knowing me i'd be looking at the mower for awhile first though...but only a short while:smile:.......................

So back to the mower,I didn't know any mower beside Lawnboy looked like that with the staggered front wheels.
 
I have Popular Science, Popular Mechanics going back 50-70 years.
Do you, sir, have a source of that ad?
"an antique man loves his antiques"

Don't remember where I got it other then I was cruising the net under vintage ads and it popped up.:wink:
 
Now I see where the off-set wheel design originated..
In so many ways, a better time...You will never see one of todays mowers being tauted for its light weight....and a man shown easily lifting one !
Is the origin of the ad known ??
Pop. Mechanics or Science ??
 
LawnBoy mowers were nice and light... But Very durable... they used a light weight alloy didn't rust.. but would crack, and rather easy to pick up... :smile:KennyV
 
Back
Top