Very steep slope

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Because 95% on here have no clue what a flymo is.

And would be a waste of money to buy a mower just for this little hill.

I've heard about them. I just don't want to buy one for one account. Husqvarna makes one. So does Toro and Noma.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Seriously... This is a teeny hill. Just keep practicing with the 21" it will look better every week.....

X-man

Threads
This is the hill that I get to maintain. If we had a ZTR I would be able to knock it out in 20 minutes, however we are stuck with the tractor, weed whacker and push mowers so it takes us approximately 1 1/2 hours to get it done.

ForumRunner_20141112_083550.png

ForumRunner_20141112_083606.png

X-man

Threads
The pictures make it look easy, but it's not.

grassroots

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would use a Flymo on a rope here in the UK. Simple and effective, imo.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
For one yard , yes but you will soon find a lot of uses for a flymo.
they are bee knees for paths through lawns , much faster than a weed wacker and mow right up to the edge of the path.
Most will get to about 1" to 1/2" from a wall so again cut down the time for line trimming and always look a lot neater.
If you have a few driveways and sidewalks with grass on one or both sides the again it s out with the flymow and leave the trimmer on the truck

lewb

Threads
I have a very steep portion of my lawn, I have slipped several times going down hill. I really need better traction with my shoes. Are there any other shoes than golf shoes that will give me the traction I need. Problem is I do not golf. I probably need to go to some kind of a boot. Just looking for suggestions. Here is a video of the hill side and my mowing techniques. Going at an angle is much easier. I have a dura-force lawn boy that does much better with the slope than the M-series in this video.

Fast forward to: 3:13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ-PEjuQe44