Very frustrated with my walk behind

Striper

Threads
Do you have the deck level or lower in the front?
yes I have tried both. I have heard that having the front of the deck lower might help but it hasn't. I have went all through the manual and I now have it level and still have the problem

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
yes I have tried both. I have heard that having the front of the deck lower might help but it hasn't. I have went all through the manual and I now have it level and still have the problem

Try sitting the back a 1/4 inch lower then the front

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I use a Scag 36" and an older better outdoor product 36" walk behind on a regular basis. both are set at 4" s. I don't trust the measuring mechanism so I use a tape measure off the shop floor. you might try setting it level and adjusting the height using a tape measure. I'm not there so I don't know exactly what's going on but that method might be worth a shot.

sjessen

Threads
I have an exmark Viking 48" hydrostatic 2013 with 80 hrs on it and am having a lot of problems with the cut. My mower is leaving a lot of areas of uncut grass. I have tried all different types of blades from mulching to medium lift to high lift with all having the same problem. I have cut in wet conditions and dry and all with the same result. I can go from speeds of 1 to 6. When I go at 2 it cuts great. However i usually go at 4 which is not too fast, and I have seen a lot of uncut areas, requiring me to double cut. Is it this particular model that is having these types of problems or do I need to upgrade to the next model of walk behinds. Please help

Vikings are fixed deck mowers, correct? If so, do they use blade spacers? Again, if so, consider removing some spacers to get the blades further under the deck or vice versa add a spacer or two to get the blades closer to the bottom of the deck. Have you tried cutting 1/2" lower?

If all of the suggestions you have received fail to work it is time for the dealer to help you out. A 2013 should still be under warranty.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I put my blades right down to the bottom edge of the deck.

sjessen

Threads
I put my blades right down to the bottom edge of the deck.

Reason for suggesting raising them in the deck a bit was to get better vacuum and lift for a cleaner cut. Not sure how high the op is cutting or what types of grasses.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you checked your engine speed? If it is running too slow, that may contribute to the problem. If my memory is still any good, I think the Viking mowers were set to run at 3500 RPM's.