Valve adjustment???

X-man

Threads
***UPDATE***

I finally had the time to start the tractor today (Feb. 18, been sitting since Jan. 6). It's still making that noise and I can even hear it when I'm cranking the engine. Right now it's about 36'F. At this point I will assume it's my head gasket. I even noticed that it's idling a little rough.

I'm gonna be taking it to my mechanic relatively soon.

X-man

Threads
Okay...

So I've finally decided to get off my rear end and figure out why my tractor is making that loud noise (no, it's still not fixed).

I have determined that it is my head gasket, because when I turn the flywheel, I can hear that hissing noise coming from the head gasket's location. I previously thought that my muffler was shot, because the noise almost sounds like it doesn't even have a muffler when it is running.

This week I'm gonna buy a new head gasket online and when money allows, I'm gonna take it to my mechanic up the road and have him replace the head gasket for me, because I really don't feel like taking half the engine apart just to change out one damn piece of rubber.

I also need to clean my carburetor, because I think the needle valve in the float is sticking. I noticed when I had my muffler removed today that a whole s**t ton of gas was pouring out of the exhaust gasket each time the piston did its exhaust stroke. I'll clean the carb myself.