UT70127a carburettor

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Same story here again.
The homelite web page shows no parts available for this trimmer .
Walmart show a carb ( no identification of course for $99 US )
Does any one have cross refference for this carb .
Is here a different web site I should be looking at ?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It should be a Zama C1U-H46A carburetor. PN 120900026 Amazon has a much better price on the part direct from Ryobi / Homelite (TTI). Better than even my distributor.
Repair kit is RB-82.
41iZu9WVk0L._AC_.jpg

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you sir.
My primary wholesaler used to be the Oregon distributor so i could look up carbs by manufacturers through their web page but Briggs does that now so the pages are gone.
Thankfully I went to the effort of numbering all of the items in my bulk kits before this happened so I can make up a diaphragm & gasket kit for just about anything from sight if not part number.
Put a kit through this one but still no joy .
Usually I would persist but there is a pile of stuff that has accumulated while i was sick & I need to get them all out before I reopen , which with my luck will be the same days as they decide we go into isolation.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Personally I don't use GND kits and I prefer to install new metering needle valves

Attachments

• C1U-H46A-EXP.pdf
    315.3 KB · Views: 8

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Interesting.
When I took over there would have been better than 100 brand new unused needles.
PO used to order full kits then only fit the diaphragms & gaskets , there was probably 50 or so filter screens and heaven knows how many levers & welcj plugs.
They are still waiting to get sorted but considering that I have only replaced one plug is 7 years, that might be quite some time.
So it became a task to work out which was what then make up a grab box.
I rarely change a needle unless the carb fails the vacuum or forward pressure test on the fuel inlet .
usually go 15 psi .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Must be different here then as use the 10x loupe the needle usually has wear ring. I don't plug the welch since I use an USC but do wish they would include all the welch plugs for a particular carburetor in the kits. I got several Stihl Zama carbs that sometime loses the welch plug over the main nozzle making necessary to replace the whole carburetor as I have a size that fits yet. Nothing wrong with the carbs after cleaning just missing that darn welch plug.

Mentioning filter screens I change quite a few those newer ones that are so thick and fine that you can't see through nor can you clean them even in the USC.

Like you I probably only changed a few but I get the tools for installing them through they get collecting dust. When it comes to Walbros I did need to get the new W tool as I have worked on several WTEA carbs and need to set the metering levers.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well this moungrel trimmer has come back.
I got it cause it would not start and it left here starting on the 4th to 6th pull.
Got it back yesterday again not reving out
Found the screen clogged so it got placed, along with the tank filter & those stupid slightly larger fuel lines
Been in the ultrasound 4 times for a total of 4 hours holds pressure , holds vacuum exactly as it should
Trouble is the mongrel thing will not start from cold.
Got it running beautifully at 11,500 WFO & 2100 idle and it idled a full tank without missing a beat , ran another tank through testing it on long grass, no problems but I can not get it to start from cold .
Starts hot first pull every time , did a 20 successive start test , starts warm on 2nd or 3rd pull every time but just won't start stone cold.

This is one of those EPA no choke "easy start" carbs. with the extra diaphragm
Printed out the H46A parts list to triple check it is assembled in the proper order and all is good.
Seems to be flooding on cold starts what am I missing ?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Probably needing a new start pump assy

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
By starter pump assembly I gather you mean part # 18 in the diagram below ?
It has been cleaned and all passages flow low pressure air .
I will pull it apart again tomorrow to see if I can nut out how it actually works while I see if I can get one down here.
Don't really want to fork out for a new carb on a warranty repair unless I have to
Not even sure if A06058 is available as a stand alone part.
Do these typically cause grief ?
This is the first one I have come across .
C1U-H46A-EXP(1).jpg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Depends if SM is correct, if correct, it is item 15.

If the check valves are not functioning properly, you can attempt to clean them by directing some spray carburetor
cleaner through them. DO NOT BLOW COMPRESSED AIR THROUGH THEM . If the check valves cannot be
cleaned, replace the start pump body.