Trimmer Brands???

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
i like echo pb770 and have billy goat 13hp honda for plots and roadways

The echo is a good blower no doubt. The reason I don't buy echo blowers is because they are misrepresented in there advertisements to the public. There not what they claim them to be.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I was think about switching to echo but i think i will be a Stihl an Husky kinda guy :laughing::laughing::thumbsup::thumbsup:

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here's my trimmer list:

1. Stihl
2. Dolmar
3. Echo
4. Kawasaki
5. Poulan Pro

Mike88se

Threads
Don't look now but you professionals have neglected the little guy who buys in the $100-$150 range. I understand you may not have experience with these . Can you at least comment even if you do not favor them?
I'm not a professional but I've had a chance to try quite a few high and low priced trimmers. I had 2 Toro trimmers in that price range. I liked both. I had a Homelite and Troybuilt too. Nothing good to say about those.
On the subject... I met the guy who invented the original weedeater. He showed me one of the prototypes. It was made out of a soup can and heavy fishing line IIRC ;)

Vanousb

Threads
Been using honda 4 cycle for about a month. Very impressed. Performance is great and very qiet. Hope longevity is as impressive.

As for 2 cycle trimmers i would put them in this order.
1. Echo
2 shindawia
3. Stihl
4. Husq
5. Redmax

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I recently purchased a PAS 225 and a PAS 280. I have a string trimmer head for both. Also have an edger and a pole saw.

The edger came in the box with the 225. We find that the edger works a lot better with the 280 much better.

The pole saw attachment works great with the 225 or has so far.

If all we are doing is light trimming the 225 does the job. However if it is more than just light trimming the 280 is much better. The power to wright ratio is awesome.

We are currently also running a FS 70 Stihl as well. It does a great job also.

Unless we put on another crew I do not see us buying any more trimmers for a while but if we do it will be Echo probably 280.