Trimmer Brands???

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
I see a thread on chainsaw brands very interested to see what people say about a trimmer :rolleyes:
Please list them from Favorite to lest favorite brand
1 Stihl
2 Echo
3 Redmax
4 Shindawa
5 Husqavarna

Threads

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I see a thread on chainsaw brands very interested to see what people say about a trimmer :rolleyes:
Please list them from Favorite to lest favorite brand
1 Stihl
2 Echo
3 Redmax
4 Shindawa
5 Husqavarna

My favorite would be Stihl, I'll buy it before any of the rest.

1 Stihl
2 Husqvarna
3 Echo
4 Shin
5 Redmax

MTDman1

Threads
They're right. Stihl is the best out of those brands.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've only ever used echo, homelight, and green max.

So
1)echo :)

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't look now but you professionals have neglected the little guy who buys in the $100-$150 range. I understand you may not have experience with these . Can you at least comment even if you do not favor them?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't look now but you professionals have neglected the little guy who buys in the $100-$150 range. I understand you may not have experience with these . Can you at least comment even if you do not favor them?

My experience with. Homelight and green max tell me they are garbage... hard to use easy to brake and loud to boot

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads

Yes say if you where to buy one how would you choices go

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK pro men. Thanks for equal time. I will talk about my limited experience on low line trimmers. Both 2 stroke 31cc. I sense and see a huge offering of "refurb" units, and can guess why. Perhaps average owners find the 2 stroke drill tiresome and confusing. By that I mean getting the oil-mix right and starting. The starting on both my 2 trimmers has been the same.
Ten bulb squeezes until the bulb feels full, choke in 1st position, about 3 pulls and the engine should cough "start," but not start. Do not continue pulling on position #1 or risk flooding-engine is primed rich and wants leaner charge. Move lever to position #2 and pull. My engines start then, 99/100 times without fail. Run engine in position 2 until warm enough to move choke level to position #3. Change lever from 2 to 3 while running.

If engine dies (esp. cold weather) go back to #1 position for 1 pull, then to pos #2 until starts. Run it another 20-30 seconds until position #3 can be selected. I think new owners get so frustrated with fouled plugs (many do not know what that is) they return the timmer. Hot engines should start immediately . Do not move choke lever from position #3. If engine is only warm and will not start, move to position #2, then #3 asap.

In seemingly hopeless starting cases put lever in #3 position and pull 5-8 times to purge over rich condition. Then start over.

First trimmer Ryobi, 2nd the Sears weed whacker. As usual I talk too much. Do not know if this applies to upscale units.

Sidenote: I found and used a great little plug by Autolite SE 2957 , bubble pak (also SE 2954). Plug has ?platinum? center electrode. Lasted many years. Disappeared from internet, but recently surfaced at an auto parts store for $.99. Get one.