transmission adjustment on a LA175 JD Hydro-stat

abb

Forum Newbie
Does anyone know how to make an adjustment on a hydro-static transmission on a LA-175
john Deere mower? My gets warm and doesnt want to pull hills.
 
May be time for a new rear axle. I've been told these things are disposable, but are rebuildable if you are inclined to do so. I don't know how to do it, but the procedure is available online if you do some searching. The axle is a Tuff Torq K46.

Maybe someone on here with the knowledge you nee will see this and post. Good luck.
 
Make sure belts are in good condition and the pulley is turning.
Only other thing you could try is an oil change if its got a filler cap.
Use fully synthetic 5w50 oil.
Apart from that its a new gearbox required as the seals on the pumps will be leaking internal and usually uneconomical to repair.
 
I never thought about the belt slipping, could be the whole problem. I think they do have a fill plug, but I'm sure they don't have a drain plug. The only way to change the fluid is to remove the axle and turn it upside down.
 
Back
Top