Attachments Trailer with Zero Turn

Brother-in-law has a 60" Kubota diesel ZTR that I have used, but $11k was out of my budget. He previously owned a Toro ZTR and a Dixon. He loves his Kubota, but has since had some reservations buying another mower of that size. He, like me, agrees that you can have too big of a mower, but had to get that size in order to get a diesel engine at that time.

I tried out an Exmark and it seemed to be a little jerky for my tastes. Same with the JD's. Mowers are a little like cars and motorcycles.....you just have to check them out to see what suits you best personally.
 
Last edited:
I towed carts and even my golf cart trailer many times with my snapper zrider(13hp 33 inch deck). 15 years and no issues. It had eaton 778 hydros which I believe are definitely residential units.
 
Yes, just the deck size. It doesn't fit between a lot of things and finds himself having to use the push mower more than he'd like. I miss quoted his deck size above and have corrected it. He has the 60 in deck.
 
The 60 is too big? I found a 2007 Kubota ZD331 with a 60" deck and 82 hours for $2700. That seems pretty cheap to me. Do you think it would be worth buying?
 
The only problem is that if I decide to but it I won't be able to look at it first because it is like a 14 hour drive away from me. Should I not buy it since I can't look at it first?
 
I buy motorcycles online, but I set myself some strict rules when I do.

(1) If I don't fully trust the seller .....deals off, period.

(2) Pictures, pictures, pictures.

(3) The seller has to guarantee everything to be in working order, or that he's told me about every known issue that it may have.

(4) under no circumstances will I drive that far unless I'm getting it for at least 33%cheaper than the price of one local.

Personally, I'd keep shopping locally, but that is me.
 
Back
Top