Attachments Trailer with Zero Turn

nwagner23

Threads
Does anyone know a way to attach a garden trailer to a zero turn?

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does anyone know a way to attach a garden trailer to a zero turn?

Ztr not meant to take trailers. you can damag e the transmission assy.
But if you still wish too just make a bracket for the back with a hole to take a pin but not really a good idea to tow.

nwagner23

Threads
I wouldn't be towing anything heavy. I mow some yards in my neighborhood with a lawn tractor now so I just carry a blower, edger, weed whacker and a gas can. Would a zero turn be able to tow that with out damaging anything?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I agree with pug, not recommend towing. What does your owners manual say about towing? If your hydro reservoirs are not large enough they will over heat causing major expenses.

nwagner23

Threads
I don't actually have a zero turn. I am just looking into getting one and was wondering about the trailer.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you buy one and it does not say that you can tow with it, you will void your warranty if something goes wrong.

bodean

Threads
The Ferris dealer that I bought mine from says that there is a hitch attachment option available for the Ferris ZTR's. I have seen at least one trailer being pulled by a ZTR mower while on a motorcycle trip. It had a wide single swivel wheel similar to the front wheels of the mower. I almost turned around and asked where he got it.

nwagner23

Threads
Do you like your ferris? What is good and bad about it?

bodean

Threads
Do you like your ferris? What is good and bad about it?

I love my Ferris ISP 500 52" . I mainly bought the Ferris initially because of the spring suspension and the heavy built frame and deck. I tried out a Snapper, and a Cub Cadet model of similar size over rough ground, and there was a noticeable difference in how smooth the Ferris was. With that stiff suspension on the Ferris, I thought initially that I wouldn't see that much difference in ride quality. With my bad back it was a big plus. It's one thing to be able to go fast, but another to be able to stand the bumps while doing so. Here are the negatives;

The smaller size mowers are only available with a rigid mount front axle that pivots in the center. While there are springs and shocks on each end, they do little control ride. You have to go up to a larger mower to get 4 wheel independent suspension.

The seat had solid rubber cushion mounts that did little to help ride. I replaced them with a set of springs from a junk mower.

The mower only came with the B&S engine as a power plant. I would have liked to have had a Kohler Command as an option.

Other than that, I have no other complaints. The mower does everything that I ask of it as far as mowing. I even do some of the work that I used to do with my tractor and bush hog.