Tractor Supply

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
This will make all of you guys howl with laughter...last spring the local Home Depots were advertising Lawn Boy mowers as "Mulch, rear bagging, or side discharge capable". Well I prefer side discharge for trimming around things so I was looking at the display models, every model HD was selling was rear discharge type, I asked the associate to show me how the side discharge mode worked, well he and the manager in that area unpacked FOUR DIFFERENT MODELS that were in the boxes trying to find out HOW the side discharge mode worked because I told them if they found out how it worked I would buy one of every model that actually did perform that way.....:laughing::laughing:....and by looking at the display mowers I could tell there was NO WAY any of them had a side discharge mode...it was SO HARD to keep a straight face...:biggrin:

My John Deere 14SB walk-behind is a rear-discharge bagger, aluminum deck (and silver). The other options for it were side discharge, and mulching. The mulching plug, as you might figure, just plugged off the outlet. The side discharge was a strange looking thing that plugged into the rear, and discharged from the rear side. Parts guy at JD showed me what it looks like, and I need one...the bag is tiny!

Maybe that's how the new Lawn Boy's do it, too.....:confused:

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 9

Carl T

Threads
Go to a local dealer. That way they can do the service. And the warrant, too. Plus you keep the $$$ local and help your local economy.

I bought my JD from a local dealer instead of Home Depot. The dealer insisted I bring the machine back to them for warranty work, the decals were peeling off the hood and the bagger tube split. Both parts easily brought in instead of the entire tractor.
I called a dealer in the next state he not only did he send me the parts for free but asked if there were problems in a few areas he was replacing parts on similar machines under warranty.

It is hit or miss from a dealer, guess where I will not buy from again.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Come to think of it - I bought my Echo chain saw from Home Depot. I love it, and it has been, well......an Echo - that's to say great and trouble free.

You gotta know what you're buying. The physical place really doesn't matter, if you do your own repairs.....

CajunCub

Threads
I've just bought a new Cub Cadet LTX1046 22HP Kohler w/46:thumbsup:cut from Tractor Supply. As I was making the purchase, the Store Manager came to thank me for the purchase & then told me,"If your not happy for any reason or just don't like it, within 30 days,"..."Bring it back, we'll exchange it or refund your money"! Now, that right there is a reason to do business Tractor Supply in my book!
I worked for many mower dealers and I know how they would give anyone a hard time if they decided the mower was not the right one for their needs.

Carl T

Threads
I picked up my Echo CS-400 at Home depot too. I hve no problem doing all my own work helps to have background in mechanics.

hoehappa

Threads
Buying a mower from TRACTOR SUPPLY is like going to the dentist for a haircut, IMHO:rolleyes:

mystreba

Threads
Buying a mower from TRACTOR SUPPLY is like going to the dentist for a haircut, IMHO:rolleyes:

Well my dentist could EASILY give me a haircut :wink:

I absolutely LOVE Tractor Supply, but for some reason I'd never even thought about buying a lawn tractor there.

(am I the only one wondering why this post is in the Site Duscission forum?)

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
....(am I the only one wondering why this post is in the Site Duscission forum?)

If I said anything, I'd get jumped all over about how it doesn't matter.....but it's times like these, when someone dredges up an old thread, that is my very point. No thread is truly dead - all it takes is one post, and SHOOP! It's back at the top of the wrong stinkin forum.

But, I'm just being authoritarian and nitpicking, now aren't I? :wink:

So, I gave up pointing out when a post is in the wrong forum. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

mystreba

Threads
Muhammad - this is a decent thread. Can it be moved to the "Front Porch" forum?

thanks!