Tractor owner new to forum

fastback

Threads
Well I'm another newbee that owns a few tractors. I know that this is a Craftsman forum, but I'll list all of my tractors anyway. I have a 1978 SS/16 not in use right now and needs some rebuilding, a 1989 Craftsman II, garden tractor with an 18 hp B&S and a 44 inch deck along with a snow plow, a 1996 garden tractor with an 18.5 Koler, 46 inch deck and a sleeve hitch, a 2006 2310 MF with a loader and backhoe and a 1942 JD model LA 14 HP, recently rebuilt. In additon, I have recently ordered an new Husqvarna model GTH26V52LS it has a 26 HP Kawasaki, should be in this week. I know that Husqvarna builds some of the Sears tractors hope this is a good choice. Oh, just remembered I also have a 1953 Simplicity walk behind this unit also need to be rebuilt. Bought the Simlicity when I was 16 years old (some 46 years ago) seem like yesterday. As you can see I still like tractors at my age and I don't see that changing anytime in the near future. Don't have many pictures right now but I'll catch up later.

I don't have any questions at the present time, but I'm sure something will pop up at some point. Right now I'm getting equipment ready for the season. Today, I disassemble the 1996 to get at the disc brake. Over the years it has warn and needs to be replaced. I tried to thouch it up on the lathe but I think it best to replace it, so tomorrow I'll turn down a new one and save the cost of buying.

Regards for now,
Paul

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't worry about "at my age" here......believe me....:laughing: I'm one of the 'younger generation' guys....and I'm 38.......:smile:

'78 SS? Sears Suburban? Snapper SNAFU? LOL

Welcome! Here's my Craftsman:

Attachments

• DSCF0610.JPG
    DSCF0610.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 21

mystreba

Threads
Don't worry about "at my age" here......believe me....:laughing: I'm one of the 'younger generation' guys....and I'm 38.......:smile:

'78 SS? Sears Suburban? Snapper SNAFU? LOL

Welcome! Here's my Craftsman:

twall - nice tractor, didn't know you had a craftsman.

fastback - "1942 JD LA" = drool, drool.... "2006 MF 2310 w/buckets" = drool some more. Are you in western Mass? I grew up in Haverhill, lived in Watertown for a spell. Welcome.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
twall - nice tractor, didn't know you had a craftsman.

Thank you - I have a '67 Simplicity in an album (access through 'view all albums' in the 'photos' section at the top), as well as where I started with this Craftsman......You like it now? See what I started with, and know I'm only half done....:wink:

fastback

Threads
Twall, I'm from southeastern MA. I can show you a picture of the LA and possibly the MF. Anyway I'll try.

Attachments

• 000_0035 comp.jpg
    000_0035 comp.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 000_0073 comp.jpg
    000_0073 comp.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 19

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Twall, I'm from southeastern MA. I can show you a picture of the LA and possibly the MF. Anyway I'll try.

That's a sweet looking LA, great paint job.:thumbsup: The Massey looks nice too, they are great machines:biggrin:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads

That JD LA is sweet....but I'm a machinist....I'd rather drool over more pics of that Bridgeport.......what a sweet machine, DRO and everything...probably power feeds on X and Y axis......sorry, wrong website.....

fastback

Threads
If you like the BP you'll love this picture its a 1942 Southbend model 10L with a taper attachment. The Mill is old too the DRO only works on X and that has a power feed. It's just a hobby. I like to make things now since I'm retired. I restored the lathe last fall.

Attachments

• 000_0095 comp.jpg
    000_0095 comp.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 000_0032 comp.jpg
    000_0032 comp.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 21

fastback

Threads
BTW, thanks for the kind words on my equipment. I'm looking forward to looking at some of the others on this site. Never reallized there were so many sick people like me relative to tractors:laughing:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
BTW, thanks for the kind words on my equipment. I'm looking forward to looking at some of the others on this site. Never reallized there were so many sick people like me relative to tractors:laughing:

Heh, heh, heh.......you'll soon find most of us are junkies. You got a Reed -Prentice to go with that Bridgeport?