Toro Proline safety wiring (pistol grip)

Sheltonb

Threads
I have a toro Proline 48” walk behind mower. It’s the pistol grip operating system. The safety kill system doesn’t work and I have a red and a black wire that attach to nothing. I’ve researched diagrams all over the internet and I can’t figure out what needs to be done to reconnect the wires and make the safety system work correctly. Both wires come from the module under the gas tank. Anyone got any experience with this issue? Thanks!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What is the numerical model and serial numbers?

Sheltonb

Threads
Model - 30530
S# - 230005158

Sheltonb

Threads
My diagram is on p. 156. Unfortunately, I have that and have been looking at it all along the way. The “B” wire on the diagram is running to a rectangle labeled “mag”. What is that exactly? The “E” wire seems to go to ground. Is there a grounding location on the mower frame? I don’t see one…

Sheltonb

Threads
Then it shows the “mag” feeding to the ignition module. Where does that connection occur? In plain sight or somewhere under a motor shroud on top?

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m guessing you have a key switch which is used to kill the engine. On that switch there should be a black and red wire attached. If they are not there, that’s where those two wires you have hanging go. If they are attached, then you need to find the module, as that is where they come from. If you would have looking through the manual I posted, you would have found this, “THE INTERLOCK MODULE IS CONNECTED TO THE WIRING HARNESS IN THE UPPER HANDLE/PANEL AREA.”

Sheltonb

Threads
I’m guessing you have a key switch which is used to kill the engine. On that switch there should be a black and red wire attached. If they are not there, that’s where those two wires you have hanging go. If they are attached, then you need to find the module, as that is where they come from. If you would have looking through the manual I posted, you would have found this, “THE INTERLOCK MODULE IS CONNECTED TO THE WIRING HARNESS IN THE UPPER HANDLE/PANEL AREA.”
I actually don’t have a key switch. The throttle stops it. Push it all the way to the bottom and it kills it. Push it all the way up to choke, all the way down to stop the engine.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Then someone has rewired this unit. We’ll need some pictures of the wires, where they are hanging, the throttle control assembly, and the areas where wires are coming from. Remember we cannot see what you have and must help you locate your shutoff switch.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IT seem someone disconnected part of the system to bypass the safeties. I could help but I have seen one these mower so I have only the service manual to go by. As you I am what that MAG object is. I would assume the connection are under the shroud but is just a guess. Sorry that I can't be of help.