toro 6.5hp float stuck leaks all fuel out and died wont start

Justwayne

Threads
  • / toro 6.5hp float stuck leaks all fuel out and died wont start
This is the mower toro 6.5hp GTS. It was bought new in 2004 and has always started first pull. One thing is the primer bulb is getting older 20 years old so possibly best to find the carb part number and can go from there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240227-021536.png
    Screenshot_20240227-021536.png
    465.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240227-021548.png
    Screenshot_20240227-021548.png
    527.4 KB · Views: 3

Justwayne

Threads
You know about carbs, but can’t find numbers? How do you know needle and seats are $10 and carbs are $15 if you don’t know the model number and serial numbers? Second the Toro GTS series mowers came with a Suzuki or Briggs engine, depending on the age. I highly doubt any good carb for these engine can be found for that price. Something is starting to smell like old fish in this thread.
Yeah lol I had searched the model number that was on the riding mower sticker when you open the hood. Has blade, key, belt part numbers I attached photos in above post.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Justwayne you are going have to learn that the true model numbers are listed on the serial number tags. you can't just go by things that OEM put on equipment for the consumer to look at. But as a repair shop we must have the correct numbers in order to get the right parts.

In the case of the Toro walk behind these are the possible location of the model/serial number tag. ANd the case of a Toro the serial is also require for parts look-up.
1709144945246.png

As for the Murray you just got very lucky that the base model on a label under the hood.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I could care less about a Murray tractor. After hitting reply I’m getting out of this thread. Before I leave I’ll put a nipple on this bottle but you’ll have to feed yourself.
1. You have a Tecumseh engine.
2. If you look under the discharge cover you’ll find a Toro model and serial numbers.
3. If you look under the red engine cover you’ll find the Tecumseh model and spec numbers On the side of the engine shroud.
4. I hope that when others chime in on your problem they are like you, definitely smarter than me, you will listen to what they tell you
Good bye and Good Luck

Justwayne

Threads
Toro model 20017. Thanks

Justwayne

Threads
This is it i bought one for the riding mower same 16$. The other was exact same design as factory one i took off and kopt it just incse. The only thing here would be it has the gaskets to not leak fuel or leak an empty tank after a few months not just the floa, needle and seat.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Here go again...You are providing us with info haphazardly. I am surprised you even getting the right parts.

Multiple engines used, luckily they all use the same Tecumseh TEC-640303 5268 Mfg. No. Carb.
but here is the serial breaks for the Toro 20017
1709149664045.png
and here is the three known engines that was used.
1709149732157.png

And here is link to 640303 carb 5268 mfg id carb IPL.

But as Rivets did I stepping out of this thread too.

davis2

Threads
I'm surprised you could even communicate with OP. My 8 yr old grandson can spell better...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I'm surprised you could even communicate with OP. My 8 yr old grandson can spell better...
Try communicating with the Cuban I have for a customer. But at least he is using a translation app on his phone; still take a lot time. It is the Mexicans that don't have a translator with them that are hard to understand at times as I don't understand Spanish. I kinda wish they had taught that in high school. I don't even remember the German that I spoke before going to school.

But being an Amateur radio operator I have gotten used to mix-mush language barriers though it is rough at times. My friend in Caucus, Venezuela has pretty broken English so it takes a lot patience to talk with him. We got something in common we both are just bored. That reminds me I haven't heard from him in a couple months better fire the rig and see I can raise him on our meeting frequency.

I would recommend the use of a spell checker but even though they can introduce incorrect words that are spelled correctly. You have kinda have to read between the lines at times.

davis2

Threads
Try communicating with the Cuban I have for a customer. But at least he is using a translation app on his phone; still take a lot time. It is the Mexicans that don't have a translator with them that are hard to understand at times as I don't understand Spanish. I kinda wish they had taught that in high school. I don't even remember the German that I spoke before going to school.

But being an Amateur radio operator I have gotten used to mix-mush language barriers though it is rough at times. My friend in Caucus, Venezuela has pretty broken English so it takes a lot patience to talk with him. We got something in common we both are just bored. That reminds me I haven't heard from him in a couple months better fire the rig and see I can raise him on our meeting frequency.

I would recommend the use of a spell checker but even though they can introduce incorrect words that are spelled correctly. You have kinda have to read between the lines at times.
I'm from upstate NY, where they send a lot of refugees due to people leaving. There is a large Bosnian population, so I understand the language barrier. But OP is just not using any sort of skill in typing. OP's problem is not a language barrier. I'll leave that right there...