Topsy turvy

monica123

Threads
Has anyone ever used one of these? I think the concept is really cool, what do you folks all think? I bought one to put on my deck with some tomatoes and parsley in it.

noma

Threads
Hi

They are very kool and they do work good to,when it get hot and wind out you will need to keep the dirt moist you may have to water it twice a day because there is not to much dirt in the pot and it might dry out the dirt. Make sure you keep it cover so it will not dry out the dirt so fast Not to good in a windy location need to put i where you can potect the tomato plant .

kenmac

Forum Newbie
Threads
my wife is trying her's out for the 1 st. time . We'll have to see how well it works out. She has no tomatoes yet.. The ones in my garden has tomatoes. We planted at the same time

monica123

Threads
I am excited to see if they work. I have noticed they have them for strawberry plants as well. I gave one to my mom for mother's day and hers is huge already, not bearing fruit yet, but huge anyhow

Zeroturn

Threads
I've seen them but have never used one before. We have planted our garden and we always plant a lot of tomatoes. We don't use the topsy turvy though. I've seen some for other veggies too.

kenmac

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think the wife paid $35.00 for that thing & then had to buy the plants to go in it. I was able to buy sevral plants for the price of the planter

monica123

Threads
I just think it would be cool to grow them in that and when the weather starts to grow cold I'll bring it inside to the sun room and hopefully have tomatoes for the fall too.

Iplayfarmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
We used one last year. I wasn't impressed. It worked like it said it would, but it wasn't worth what we paid. We just put it back out again this year and a frost killed everything in it. We still have time to get some new plants and put in it.

It's just a square pot with holes in the bottom. I'd think something similar could be rigged for a fraction of the price.