Export thread

Topsy turvy

M

monica123

Has anyone ever used one of these? I think the concept is really cool, what do you folks all think? I bought one to put on my deck with some tomatoes and parsley in it.

N

noma

Hi

They are very kool and they do work good to,when it get hot and wind out you will need to keep the dirt moist you may have to water it twice a day because there is not to much dirt in the pot and it might dry out the dirt. Make sure you keep it cover so it will not dry out the dirt so fast Not to good in a windy location need to put i where you can potect the tomato plant .

K

kenmac

my wife is trying her's out for the 1 st. time . We'll have to see how well it works out. She has no tomatoes yet.. The ones in my garden has tomatoes. We planted at the same time

K

KennyV

The ones in my garden has tomatoes. We planted at the same time

Wow you already have tomatoes....:licking:

M

monica123

I am excited to see if they work. I have noticed they have them for strawberry plants as well. I gave one to my mom for mother's day and hers is huge already, not bearing fruit yet, but huge anyhow

Z

Zeroturn

I've seen them but have never used one before. We have planted our garden and we always plant a lot of tomatoes. We don't use the topsy turvy though. I've seen some for other veggies too.

K

kenmac

I think the wife paid $35.00 for that thing & then had to buy the plants to go in it. I was able to buy sevral plants for the price of the planter

K

kenmac

Wow you already have tomatoes....:licking:

There not ready to eat quite yet. But, yes I have tomatoes. I guess I could fry up some green ones:licking:

M

monica123

I just think it would be cool to grow them in that and when the weather starts to grow cold I'll bring it inside to the sun room and hopefully have tomatoes for the fall too.

I

Iplayfarmer

We used one last year. I wasn't impressed. It worked like it said it would, but it wasn't worth what we paid. We just put it back out again this year and a frost killed everything in it. We still have time to get some new plants and put in it.

It's just a square pot with holes in the bottom. I'd think something similar could be rigged for a fraction of the price.

RockHound

RockHound

I've made my own with 5 gallon buckets. They're not quite as pretty but they do the job. The only thing I experience that was a problem was one of the tomato plants I planted twisted in the wind so much, it twisted off with a lot of blooms on it and some small tomatoes.

D

damitray

Don't waste your money,,plant them in the ground.....:thumbdown:

R

ReggieDeere

I have always planted my garden in the conventional method. This sounds interesting, I think I'll buy one and try it out. I'll put a tomato plant in there and see what happens.:smile:

Has anyone ever used one of these? I think the concept is really cool, what do you folks all think? I bought one to put on my deck with some tomatoes and parsley in it.

M

monica123

I have has plants in mine now for over a week and it seems to be doing fantastic. Of the 8 slots I had to poke a plant into, only lost 1 plant and it was a questionable one I planted anyway.

H

harleyron74

I've heard of people using A 5 gal. bucket with A hole in the bottom and having better luck as more potting soil is used so it won't dry out as fast.
I did'nt put in A garden this year as I am hoping to sell this place and move to a place with a 30X60 FT. Lester pole barn. It has 4.86 acres (I currently have 5.25 acres) but they are all useable. My land has A 1.50 acre swamp (Or as the real estate agent calls it "A wetland") It's not good for much but I do have mosquitoes as big as hummingbirds.

Good Luck!
H.R.

M

monica123

I am impressed at how well mine is doing. It is really coming along. I am sure the rain has helped as it as it has been raining for days. I have attached a picture for you to see.

Attachments