Today's new cars

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
What's so funny bout that?
I ain't living in the rust belt like you.:tongue:

Maybe me bad, but what does Canada use on the roads in the wintertime? I have read it has long, cold winters, which means lots of snow. Are you saying they don't salt the roads?

michael b

Forum Newbie
Threads
Last nite my brother in law was showing off his new Chevy Cruze to the family, they appear to be a very modern looking vehicle, but in the quest for better fuel mileage GM installed an EIGHTY THREE cubic inch engine (although a turbo) in a 3200 pound car. My '04 Lesabre has a 231 cubic inch V-6, weighs only 400 pounds more, and will out accelerate the Cruze easily yet still delivers almost comparable fuel mileage (about 23-24 overall, and has a lot more room inside, rides better, and is much easier to service and repair.

To me, the automakers are trying to improve fuel mileage at the expense of every other factor in their cars. Given a choice between the two, I would opt for my Lesabre every time. I personally don't care for the flash, streamlined stying or electronic gadgetry many newer cars seem to have.

I actually went to test drive a Cruze and the salesman talked me out of it. He said the Malibu was far better of a car and he could offer more incentives with rebates to get the cost down.

I am still looking but leaning towards a crossover, Nissan Rogue

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I actually went to test drive a Cruze and the salesman talked me out of it. He said the Malibu was far better of a car and he could offer more incentives with rebates to get the cost down.

I am still looking but leaning towards a crossover, Nissan Rogue

The Malibu IS a much better car, has a better rating in comparison road tests and is more reliable. GM is nainly pushing the Cruze to get it's fuel economy numbers up. If I was going to buy a replacment for our Buick I would choose the Malibu.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Malibu has a great track record.

The Cruze is there to make the politicians and tree-huggers happy. The increase in price (including expensive maintainence) over a comparable sized car outweighs any savings you'll see at the pump.

My two cents on that.

Bison

Threads
Maybe me bad, but what does Canada use on the roads in the wintertime? I have read it has long, cold winters, which means lots of snow. Are you saying they don't salt the roads?
Yes we got cold long winters with lots of snow,and yes they salt the roads.
That's why me and the wife only drive 4x4 trucks.(the older ones are better build and easier to fix for a DIY mechanic like me):wink:
Little sissy coke can cars is only for city slickers:tongue:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes we got cold long winters with lots of snow,and yes they salt the roads.
That's why me and the wife only drive 4x4 trucks.(the older ones are better build and easier to fix for a DIY mechanic like me):wink:
Little sissy coke can cars is only for city slickers:tongue:

Here is my little sissy coke can car:

Attachments

• New BB pics 551.jpg
    New BB pics 551.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 14

Jetblast

Threads
Here is my little sissy coke can car:

Very nice. Do they make a version for men? BAHAHAHAHA just kidding. That is a sweet ride.

My mini-monster truck is a 3rd generation Toyota 4skinRunner with a locking rear dif. I use moderately aggressive Bridgestone Dueller Revo tires and I mounted front and rear recovery shackles in case the locking differential and/or my skills doesn't cut it. I used to work "on call" and would have to blast down rural roads through snowstorms at 3:00AM, and ol' Bessie Lou never let me down. My girlfriend hates her. Jealousy.

4runner.JPG

gtbobcat

Threads
well you know they say your vehicle size is inversely related to your...ummmmm you know... the size of your weed whipper...I get around ok......:laughing:

Attachments

• obama_20eco_car.jpg
    obama_20eco_car.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 8

Jetblast

Threads
well you know they say your vehicle size is inversely related to your...ummmmm you know... the size of your weed whipper...I get around ok......:laughing:

I used to drive a smaller vehicle, but I kept backing it up over my weed whipper.