Timemaster 30"

earthworm

Threads
So do I, due to the concept and the reviews.
But I'd like to see caster wheels in front...this is a heavy one...no two stroke.
The balance had better be nigh perfect, I probably spend as much time turning, as I do running in a straight line.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have used it and you should have no problems turning or going straight. Well balanced for that size of unit.

earthworm

Threads
I have done some more research on this matter - the Toro 30" mower.
10% or so state that the 30" Timemaster is "junk"
Weak front wheels and brackets, cracked welds.
Leaky, malfunctioning carburetors.
A frail, too small transmission.
Too heavy, hard to maneuver
Lack of support from Toro, lack of spare parts
Definitely not for rough lawns, like mine
..................but.....................
90% love them, find nothing wrong !
Does Toro have quality control problems ?
I think we do need reform in the manner in which we do business !
Now on the 6th year, LawnBoy 10685...no problems...no complaints...unusual for me.
I am to understand that during this time, Toro was building the LawnBoys.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Haven't had one complaint on the machines we have sold. Don't know where you did your research but when I contacted my tech rep with Toro today and listed your complaints he said that he has not heard any of those comments. This mower has only been out for three months Max, hard for me to understand. Lawn Boy has been part of Toro since 1989, a lot longer than 6 years. Both lines are well respected in the industry. I think you will see that you are judging the TimeMaster a bit early, with bad for the most part info. I would like to hear from you about this a year from now.

earthworm

Threads
Haven't had one complaint on the machines we have sold. Don't know where you did your research but when I contacted my tech rep with Toro today and listed your complaints he said that he has not heard any of those comments. This mower has only been out for three months Max, hard for me to understand. Lawn Boy has been part of Toro since 1989, a lot longer than 6 years. Both lines are well respected in the industry. I think you will see that you are judging the TimeMaster a bit early, with bad for the most part info. I would like to hear from you about this a year from now.

My take on this
Home Depot probably sells 10 times the units that your company and PED put together do.....after all, how many HDs are there in the good ole USA ??
I visited the HD site and read the reviews..But, its strange that so many people love the very machine that others hate...
So, I do think that Toro has QC problems, and this shows up with greater numbers...
I have owned the LB 10685 for 6 years....its an excellent machine.
An early judgement ?
YES, but if one plans to buy now, there is no other choice...
BTW, how many people know how to properly complain, or take the time to do it ???
Most (like me) just vent over the internet..

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In my opinion Those who use Home Depot are looking for price breaks and not quality. Toro has no price breaks for anyone and all sellers are to abide by pricing guidelines. So why buy there? Very easy to complain at HD. They will take returns for any reason valid or not. We use to do warranty work for them, but they droped us and all dealers in the area, because we would not warranty everything for them. Take a guess how many people brought back mowers and snowblowers which ran tight because the purchaser never put in oil. HD just gave them a new unit and then wanted us to do the repairs under warranty. Didn't happen. If you really think Toro has quality control problems take a look at the number of threads posted on this forum under each manufacturer. You may want to jump to a conclusion at this time, but I don't feel that by posting that conclusion you are doing a disservice to the members and bashing a manufacturer without good reasons. Only MY OPINION and maybe I haven't worked on enough different machines to base that opinion on. Might be wrong, time will tell.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Maybe if the manufacturers would put the product back into the dealers hands were it should be, they wouldn't have the problems that some people are encountering. Mowers would be set up by the dealer, oil checked, and unit ran before leaving the dealership. Then if the customer had a problem it would be taken care of in a more professional manner, within warranty guidelines.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You should read the post "Buying from a dealer". That person really said it well.