Tiger Cat

Billblake

Threads
I found a new dealer.....one I trust. I'm thinking about moving up to the Tiger Cat mower. Does anybody have any opinions on this mower? How would it compare to the big 61" deck freedom Z with the big tires? I would defiantly appreciate anything....good or bad. Thanks

WISCOPROUD

Threads
freedom Z has residential hydros where Tiger series are more commercial. If it were me (only my opinion) I would NEVER own anything w/ scag's name on it. Toro, Gravely, Snapper Pro are just as good if not better quality, cheaper priced and are backed by EXCELLENT companies. Scag doesn't care about its dealers or customer's. Man i sound bitter. Im out:biggrin:

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
The vast majority of commercial lawn guys here in eastern CT have Scag machines myself being one of them. My local Scag dealer provides excellent support to these folk and the only complaints that I have heard are from the few who are never happy anyway.
I have mowed with Ingersoll GTs for many years and only in 2008 did I purchase a Scag Tiger Cub. I have no complaints with this machine, but it did take me a long time to get accustomed to a ZTR. Initially I had intended to purchase a Ferris ZTR but it was out of my budget. I then checked around and looked at many different brands and made the decision on the Scag. I do mobile servicing of equipment for some folk and several cemetery associations, so I do have some experience with other makes of ZTRs. When I was a full time mech at a local power equipment/marine dealer I had some strong opinions about several brands of equipment. The way the economy has gone, all small businesses have suffered and many have closed up and this always affects the suppliers of the products that the small business folk sell.
Mad Mackie in CT, Johnson/Evinrude, OMC, Mercruiser, Gravely, Bolens, Pioneer, Homelite, master tech in the 70s, retired aircraft mech!!!
The only thing that I have in my equipment trailer that is green in color is a rake, this may give an indication of one of my still remaining strong negative feelings about a particular company and some of their products!!!

Last edited: