This forum will be dead soon.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Several on here just riding it out and buying our time. Between taking care of my 82 year old father and then having to take over his contributions that he can no longer perform, I will be scaling back..

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Several on here just riding it out and buying our time. Between taking care of my 82 year old father and then having to take over his contributions that he can no longer perform, I will be scaling back..
Understand that one very well. Back when I was in my early 50's my mother develop full blown dementia. It became a 24/7 job. And six months after her death I collapsed from exhaustion. Could do a thing for the next 4-6 months myself. But this taking care of her was my duty as her son.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep, I get that. Be grateful your Father is still around (I'm sure you are), mine died suddenly @ 56, back on Nov 1st, 1979. That hit me hard.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Understand that one very well. Back when I was in my early 50's my mother develop full blown dementia. It became a 24/7 job. And six months after her death I collapsed from exhaustion. Could do a thing for the next 4-6 months myself. But this taking care of her was my duty as her son.
Understand that as well, hard to deal with, & doing your duty.. My Mom passed back in 2014 from the same thing, she was 95. She was up in PA, my youngest sister took care of her.. I went up as much as I could. But many times she didn't know me or my lil sister.

Jimmy the Lock

Threads

Yeah, I'm "blessed" with being a step kid in my "family"

My mom left my dad when me and my big sister were infants and got remarried so I'm not a part of this new family where my mom had 2 sons with my step dad. (he passed on back in the late 90s)

So they are all bossy and all that so they all take care of my mom. All they wanted from me was money so once I figured that out I cut way back on that.. all her assets are paid for and she gets enough from social security to meet her monthly household expenses.

I'd like to be more involved with my Mom's care but all the other kids are so bossy and act like I'm sticking my nose in their business when trying to help so I let them have it. Not going to fight and argue to try and help when it's not wanted.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yeah, I'm "blessed" with being a step kid in my "family"

My mom left my dad when me and my big sister were infants and got remarried so I'm not a part of this new family where my mom had 2 sons with my step dad. (he passed on back in the late 90s)

So they are all bossy and all that so they all take care of my mom. All they wanted from me was money so once I figured that out I cut way back on that.. all her assets are paid for and she gets enough from social security to meet her monthly household expenses.

I'd like to be more involved with my Mom's care but all the other kids are so bossy and act like I'm sticking my nose in their business when trying to help so I let them have it. Not going to fight and argue to try and help when it's not wanted.
In my case I am the only full child of my dad. Have 1 half brother (deceased) and 3 half sisters(one deceased, one basically disowned) from my mom's previous marriage. So I am the sole caregiver since mom passed away back in December 2021 (called the coroner myself)

woodstover

Threads
This is the BEST mower forum on the net. Great group of people on here.

My comment was about all these companies leaving the gas mower biz. Honda, Snapper and numerous others are basically gone. New mowers or should I say good mowers are hard to find now. Like the older Snappers that live for 50 plus years and still going strong today. Who is left out there like this?
I don't think so, there will be gas powered equipment out there for a while yet. Not everyone is able to purchase something new (battery powered). A good amount of equipment is still serviceable and repairable for less than buying new. I worry more about small engine shops slowly running out of customers.