StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
He was hinting she is a witch. :ROFLMAO:

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is a shame but the younger generation are not interested in getting their hands dirty to fix anything. I am 74 years old have been doing this for going on 48 years. I have done it both ways worked for someone else and owned my own business. When I ran my own put in way too many hours a day and got tired of that and have been working for someone else for the last 24 years at 5 different shops. Love it at where I work now since it is an Ace Hardware that sells mowers and Stihl out door power equiptment. I just work on the mowers and they have another guy that does the hand held two stroke stuff. If I need nuts bolts ect. I just walk in the store and get it. There has been talk that they would shut down the repair mower part of the repair shop when I retire. I have a friend that is younger and talked to him about maybe taking my place when I retire. He seemed interested so that may be an option for the business.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I consider myself fairly handy but compared to the craftsmen that came before me I don't know jack.

rwtrman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Right I am operating as a non profit as I am only charging at cost the parts and not even charging for the labor. But of course me and the IRS are fighting. So why should make more money just to pay more taxes when they would even pay me what they owe me.
You have to make some profit after 3 years or the IRS considers your venture a hobby, past experience.

shurguywutt

Threads
My wife hates that I am always keeping old equipment and tools... She never complains when I fix things and keep things working though... We have 2 refrigerators that are about 20-25 years old and they still work like champs. If I got the new trash they put out now I probably would have been through at least 4-6 refrigerators by now (~10 year lifespan?), how is that for efficiency. She also hates when I go run errands in my old pickup because if I see something interesting on the side of the road I may just snatch it up and throw it in the bed. She was coming home one day and said she got scared seeing two old mowers on the side of the road... After I left to run an errand those two mowers magically appeared in our garage... Haven't got around to fixing them yet... need parts LOL :LOL::LOL::LOL:

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
My sister has an old chest type freezer that was bought in the early to mid 60's and is still working.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Disposable society, sad............