There are 30 very good reasons to buy your next mower from the Depot

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / There are 30 very good reasons to buy your next mower from the Depot
Some interesting responses.

My purpose in starting this thread is to make certain that everyone who is about to sign a sales contract for a new machine is CERTAIN of what options are available in the event the machine fails or that performance is less than expected.

I bought a new mower and very quickly had to have it sent back for warranty repairs; found out the hard way that the maker doesn't want to know anything.

Names aren't important-what CAN happen is....

Rather than make silly comments perhaps some of you can post what you KNOW to be the policy for brands you own; now wouldn't that be more helpful than trash talk?
:anyone:

Perhaps you should have made your intent clear BEFORE starting a very confusing thread that left responders with little idea of the subject...now wouldn't that be more helpful?

Did you, or did you not purchase from HD?

Did you, or did you not obtain satisfaction from HD, or whatever place you purchased from?

May I suggest you follow what Muhammad has suggested elsewhere on LMF....

"PLEASE POST DETAIL ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS"....

Perhaps you meant to make us curious, but in my opinion, it didn't work. Sorry.

What did you buy, and from where? What was your issue, how long did it take to develop, when did you discover it, what did you originally do, what did the seller do, what did they tell you, how many tines did you deal with them, etc? POST SOME DETAIL !!!!!! JEEEZZZZZ !!! :confused2:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some interesting responses.

My purpose in starting this thread is to make certain that everyone who is about to sign a sales contract for a new machine is CERTAIN of what options are available in the event the machine fails or that performance is less than expected.

I bought a new mower and very quickly had to have it sent back for warranty repairs; found out the hard way that the maker doesn't want to know anything.

Names aren't important-what CAN happen is....

Rather than make silly comments perhaps some of you can post what you KNOW to be the policy for brands you own; now wouldn't that be more helpful than trash talk?
:anyone:

AND, if you just purchased a new mower, how can you possibly tell us you are "Looking to buy"....?? :confused2:

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
I believe what he was trying to say is that he wishes he had bought from Home Depot because of the crap he is dealing with now with his new mower and not knowing their policy beforehand. :banana::cool2::dance1:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I believe what he was trying to say is that he wishes he had bought from Home Depot because of the crap he is dealing with now with his new mower and not knowing their policy beforehand. :banana::cool2::dance1:

OH CRUD, I just blew your getting a foot in the door at HD....SORRY. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

(BTW, WHO spends serious coin of something these days without checking out the warranty and return/repair policy?) I cannot afford to do that.

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
OH CRUD, I just blew your getting a foot in the door at HD....SORRY. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

(BTW, WHO spends serious coin of something these days without checking out the warranty and return/repair policy?) I cannot afford to do that.

Ah Man, I don't know what to do now, Twall HELP ME!:mur::biggrin:

robert

Threads
Sprinkler, mostly correct, tnks.

Once again boys rather than trash typing post what you KNOW to be the customer satisfaction policy of the brand (s) YOU own:

Regretably I still am making payments on a 6 hour machine in for its second warranty repair and I removed the brand name from my profile so as to make this a non brand specific inquiry, and I am always really thinking of buying, as are many of us I believe..... :wink:

I did NOT buy from the Depot but had I my rotten zt would be their problem not mine-they have a 30 day return policy (get it, 30 reasons to buy....:eek:) as does Deere but only on their lt/gt products :thumbsup:

So if you have a Scag-Hustler-Exmark-Toro-Bad Boy-Kubota-Simplicity-Ferris-Bob-Cat-Cub Cadet-Dixon-Encore or ANY other brand tell me the -documented policy- for one of their customers who buy and very quickly discover that the product has serious issues.

And, should you be a rep for any maker; rather than do one or two 'drive by' postings about how great your employers customer satisfaction policy is lets cut the poo and state the facts.

Only Deere, to my knowledge, states in writing that they 100% stand behind their product-did the dealer you bought from give you a written thirty day return option for a complete refund??

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sprinkler, mostly correct, tnks.

Once again boys rather than trash typing post what you KNOW to be the customer satisfaction policy of the brand (s) YOU own:

Regretably I still am making payments on a 6 hour machine in for its second warranty repair and I removed the brand name from my profile so as to make this a non brand specific inquiry, and I am always really thinking of buying, as are many of us I believe..... :wink:

I did NOT buy from the Depot but had I my rotten zt would be their problem not mine-they have a 30 day return policy (get it, 30 reasons to buy....:eek:) as does Deere but only on their lt/gt products :thumbsup:

So if you have a Scag-Hustler-Exmark-Toro-Bad Boy-Kubota-Simplicity-Ferris-Bob-Cat-Cub Cadet-Dixon-Encore or ANY other brand tell me the -documented policy- for one of their customers who buy and very quickly discover that the product has serious issues.

And, should you be a rep for any maker; rather than do one or two 'drive by' postings about how great your employers customer satisfaction policy is lets cut the poo and state the facts.

Only Deere, to my knowledge, states in writing that they 100% stand behind their product-did the dealer you bought from give you a written thirty day return option for a complete refund??

If I were in your place I'd be informing other people where NOT to buy from and what NOT to buy. As for me, have purchased a lot of various brands of lawn care equipment, Deere, Craftsman, Yard Man, Brute, Husqvarna, Weed Eater, etc. never had any problems with new equipment myself but there will always be exceptions.

Did you, or did you not, go online to check out if there were any negative opinions or reviews of the equipment you purchased before you laid down your money? EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to buy something costing over $100 I check the item out online to see what others have to say about reliabilty and/or their overall satisfaction.

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
I have had a similar experience in the past. I knew their policy beforehand but there are exceptions to every policy. These situations take time to resolve, if you can't get anywhere with the dealer move on to the manufacture. Keep pestering them in a Nice Way until you get an agreeable solution.

Everyone in the manufacturing business knows or should know that a lemon slips out once in awhile, there is no brand out there that has !00% positive feedback. The make isn't all that important and I think you did the right thing by not signaling your manufacture out. My matter was finally resolved to my satisfaction after dealing with 8 different individuals at the manufacturing level. It took about 4 months. It's tough to get the person at the other end of the line that can really help you. They tend to toss you from desk to desk knowing most guys will give up because most do.

Good Luck!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have had a similar experience in the past. I knew their policy beforehand but there are exceptions to every policy. These situations take time to resolve, if you can't get anywhere with the dealer move on to the manufacture. Keep pestering them in a Nice Way until you get an agreeable solution.

Everyone in the manufacturing business knows or should know that a lemon slips out once in awhile, there is no brand out there that has !00% positive feedback. The make isn't all that important and I think you did the right thing by not signaling your manufacture out. My matter was finally resolved to my satisfaction after dealing with 8 different individuals at the manufacturing level. It took about 4 months. It's tough to get the person at the other end of the line that can really help you. They tend to toss you from desk to desk knowing most guys will give up because most do.

Good Luck!

Read "FYI and Amazement"....sorry, I am a nasty, sarcastic old fart, worse than Twall by a long shot....:biggrin::biggrin:

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
"Read "FYI and Amazement"....sorry, I am a nasty, sarcastic old fart, worse than Twall by a long shot...."

Na, You and Twall are just keeping the conversation going. I'm sure I would like you both if we ever met in person.:drink: This would be boring without the sarcastic remarks!:laughing: