Export thread

There are 30 very good reasons to buy your next mower from the Depot

R

robert

Does anyone know what they are?

JDgreen

JDgreen

I have no clue---exactly what are you getting at with your thread?

jmurray01

jmurray01

I have no clue---exactly what are you getting at with your thread?
I was just asking myself the same thing...

R

robert

30 day return period in the event that say, your new machine develops problems right off the bat-or that you aren't real impressed with the quality of cut.

Deere offers a return but only for residential tractors from their dealers.

JDgreen

JDgreen

30 day return period in the event that say, your new machine develops problems right off the bat-or that you aren't real impressed with the quality of cut.

Deere offers a return but only for residential tractors from their dealers.

If you wish to praise HD, perhaps you should have stated what the reasons were in the beginning. And, can you give us 30 good reasons why you are touting their policy? Do you have something to gain?

Jetblast

Jetblast

Every place I buy costly equipment from has a 30 day return policy. Whether they know it or not.

Come on, man. You can get satisfaction if you make the right noise to the right people. The noise may be right, but we're not the right people.

Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy

If your on the inside with Depot, have them give me a call! :thumbsup: The red tape to get a new product to a decision maker as a company with only one product is ridiculous.

This is a big shot in the dark but ya never know! :laughing:

JDgreen

JDgreen

If your on the inside with Depot, have them give me a call! :thumbsup: The red tape to get a new product to a decision maker as a company with only one product is ridiculous.

This is a big shot in the dark but ya never know! :laughing:

Yeah, and maybe now we have 30 GOOD REASONS not to respond to posts by Robert....:laughing:

Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy

Okay Okay, I got it!:laughing:

R

robert

Some interesting responses.

My purpose in starting this thread is to make certain that everyone who is about to sign a sales contract for a new machine is CERTAIN of what options are available in the event the machine fails or that performance is less than expected.

I bought a new mower and very quickly had to have it sent back for warranty repairs; found out the hard way that the maker doesn't want to know anything.

Names aren't important-what CAN happen is....

Rather than make silly comments perhaps some of you can post what you KNOW to be the policy for brands you own; now wouldn't that be more helpful than trash talk?
:anyone:

JDgreen

JDgreen

My purpose in starting this thread is to make certain that everyone who is about to sign a sales contract for a new machine is CERTAIN of what options are available in the event the machine fails or that performance is less than expected.

I bought a new mower and very quickly had to have it sent back for warranty repairs; found out the hard way that the maker doesn't want to know anything.

Rather than make silly comments perhaps some of you can post what you KNOW to be the policy for brands you own; now wouldn't that be more helpful than trash talk?

Perhaps you should have made your intent clear BEFORE starting a very confusing thread that left responders with little idea of the subject...now wouldn't that be more helpful?

Did you, or did you not purchase from HD?

Did you, or did you not obtain satisfaction from HD, or whatever place you purchased from?

May I suggest you follow what Muhammad has suggested elsewhere on LMF....

"PLEASE POST DETAIL ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS"....

Perhaps you meant to make us curious, but in my opinion, it didn't work. Sorry.

What did you buy, and from where? What was your issue, how long did it take to develop, when did you discover it, what did you originally do, what did the seller do, what did they tell you, how many tines did you deal with them, etc? POST SOME DETAIL !!!!!! JEEEZZZZZ !!! :confused2:

JDgreen

JDgreen

AND, if you just purchased a new mower, how can you possibly tell us you are "Looking to buy"....?? :confused2:

Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy

I believe what he was trying to say is that he wishes he had bought from Home Depot because of the crap he is dealing with now with his new mower and not knowing their policy beforehand. :banana::cool2::dance1:

JDgreen

JDgreen

I believe what he was trying to say is that he wishes he had bought from Home Depot because of the crap he is dealing with now with his new mower and not knowing their policy beforehand. :banana::cool2::dance1:

OH CRUD, I just blew your getting a foot in the door at HD....SORRY. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

(BTW, WHO spends serious coin of something these days without checking out the warranty and return/repair policy?) I cannot afford to do that.

Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy

OH CRUD, I just blew your getting a foot in the door at HD....SORRY. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

(BTW, WHO spends serious coin of something these days without checking out the warranty and return/repair policy?) I cannot afford to do that.

Ah Man, I don't know what to do now, Twall HELP ME!:mur::biggrin:

R

robert

Sprinkler, mostly correct, tnks.

Once again boys rather than trash typing post what you KNOW to be the customer satisfaction policy of the brand (s) YOU own:

Regretably I still am making payments on a 6 hour machine in for its second warranty repair and I removed the brand name from my profile so as to make this a non brand specific inquiry, and I am always really thinking of buying, as are many of us I believe..... :wink:

I did NOT buy from the Depot but had I my rotten zt would be their problem not mine-they have a 30 day return policy (get it, 30 reasons to buy....:eek:) as does Deere but only on their lt/gt products :thumbsup:

So if you have a Scag-Hustler-Exmark-Toro-Bad Boy-Kubota-Simplicity-Ferris-Bob-Cat-Cub Cadet-Dixon-Encore or ANY other brand tell me the -documented policy- for one of their customers who buy and very quickly discover that the product has serious issues.

And, should you be a rep for any maker; rather than do one or two 'drive by' postings about how great your employers customer satisfaction policy is lets cut the poo and state the facts.

Only Deere, to my knowledge, states in writing that they 100% stand behind their product-did the dealer you bought from give you a written thirty day return option for a complete refund??

JDgreen

JDgreen

Sprinkler, mostly correct, tnks.

Once again boys rather than trash typing post what you KNOW to be the customer satisfaction policy of the brand (s) YOU own:

Regretably I still am making payments on a 6 hour machine in for its second warranty repair and I removed the brand name from my profile so as to make this a non brand specific inquiry, and I am always really thinking of buying, as are many of us I believe..... :wink:

I did NOT buy from the Depot but had I my rotten zt would be their problem not mine-they have a 30 day return policy (get it, 30 reasons to buy....:eek:) as does Deere but only on their lt/gt products :thumbsup:

So if you have a Scag-Hustler-Exmark-Toro-Bad Boy-Kubota-Simplicity-Ferris-Bob-Cat-Cub Cadet-Dixon-Encore or ANY other brand tell me the -documented policy- for one of their customers who buy and very quickly discover that the product has serious issues.

And, should you be a rep for any maker; rather than do one or two 'drive by' postings about how great your employers customer satisfaction policy is lets cut the poo and state the facts.

Only Deere, to my knowledge, states in writing that they 100% stand behind their product-did the dealer you bought from give you a written thirty day return option for a complete refund??

If I were in your place I'd be informing other people where NOT to buy from and what NOT to buy. As for me, have purchased a lot of various brands of lawn care equipment, Deere, Craftsman, Yard Man, Brute, Husqvarna, Weed Eater, etc. never had any problems with new equipment myself but there will always be exceptions.

Did you, or did you not, go online to check out if there were any negative opinions or reviews of the equipment you purchased before you laid down your money? EVERY SINGLE TIME I want to buy something costing over $100 I check the item out online to see what others have to say about reliabilty and/or their overall satisfaction.

Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy

I have had a similar experience in the past. I knew their policy beforehand but there are exceptions to every policy. These situations take time to resolve, if you can't get anywhere with the dealer move on to the manufacture. Keep pestering them in a Nice Way until you get an agreeable solution.

Everyone in the manufacturing business knows or should know that a lemon slips out once in awhile, there is no brand out there that has !00% positive feedback. The make isn't all that important and I think you did the right thing by not signaling your manufacture out. My matter was finally resolved to my satisfaction after dealing with 8 different individuals at the manufacturing level. It took about 4 months. It's tough to get the person at the other end of the line that can really help you. They tend to toss you from desk to desk knowing most guys will give up because most do.

Good Luck!

JDgreen

JDgreen

I have had a similar experience in the past. I knew their policy beforehand but there are exceptions to every policy. These situations take time to resolve, if you can't get anywhere with the dealer move on to the manufacture. Keep pestering them in a Nice Way until you get an agreeable solution.

Everyone in the manufacturing business knows or should know that a lemon slips out once in awhile, there is no brand out there that has !00% positive feedback. The make isn't all that important and I think you did the right thing by not signaling your manufacture out. My matter was finally resolved to my satisfaction after dealing with 8 different individuals at the manufacturing level. It took about 4 months. It's tough to get the person at the other end of the line that can really help you. They tend to toss you from desk to desk knowing most guys will give up because most do.

Good Luck!

Read "FYI and Amazement"....sorry, I am a nasty, sarcastic old fart, worse than Twall by a long shot....:biggrin::biggrin:

Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy

"Read "FYI and Amazement"....sorry, I am a nasty, sarcastic old fart, worse than Twall by a long shot...."

Na, You and Twall are just keeping the conversation going. I'm sure I would like you both if we ever met in person.:drink: This would be boring without the sarcastic remarks!:laughing:

JDgreen

JDgreen

"Read "FYI and Amazement"....sorry, I am a nasty, sarcastic old fart, worse than Twall by a long shot...."

Na, You and Twall are just keeping the conversation going. I'm sure I would like you both if we ever met in person.:drink: This would be boring without the sarcastic remarks!:laughing:

Read your quote by Miles, and reflect on how nasty I am to poor Robert...now doesn't that make you wonder about MY character....?

A

AndySKane

All seriousness aside, there are many good reasons to buy my next mower from HD.

1. They're open when I'm not working.
2. They have a nice display of mowers, riders, and accessories.
3. I can read the fact sheet better than the salesman.
4. I know more about the mower than the salesman.
5. I can look the mower over without a salesman hovering over me.
6. I won't have a dealer salesman who ignores me because I'm not a "Professional"
7. I won't have a dealer salesman who ignores me because I'm not a "regular"
8. I won't have a dealer salesman who talks down to me because I don't know everything.
9. I won't have a dealer salesman trying to snooker me.
10. I won't have a dealer salesman who is too busy doing something else.
11. I can go online and check out what Home Depot has before I go there.
12. I can bring my wife and she won't get bored when I spend too much time in the mower section.
13. I'll have a 30 day money back guarantee.
14. While I'm there I can buy some lumber to expand my mower shed.
15. There's lot's of other stores around, like Walmart and McDonalds, where I can buy other stuff.

That's only 15 but I'm sure someone could come up with 15 more.

L

LandN

the next 15....the good dealer knows his product line....the good dealer doesn't have to read que cards(i can do that)... the good dealer can supply you with a free loaner if need be...the good dealer knows what each model is able to do...the good dealer sells accessories...the good dealer has product delivery if need be...the good dealer has update info on models...the good dealer has trained techs in the shop area...the good dealer will let you brouse through the models if you wish to...the good dealer will adapt himself to your level of experience...the good dealer will inform you on all operations of operating the product...the good dealer has a reputation to uphold and will not tarnish that...the good dealer does not have untrained rookies dealing with the public...the good dealer has a good parts supply department...the good dealer also has a nicely displayed model lineups............. dealers are not all created equal,and not everyone is fortunate to have a good dealer in their part of the country.:smile:

R

robert

Landn/Andy, I am not a big fan of any big box store; in fact I avoid them whenever I can-nearly 100% of the time pricing at the wholesale houses I do business at is better, alot better. But the fact remains that aside from Deere and the mega stores no other oem, nor any dealer I have spoken to will offer ANY return option, after use, none.. AND this is the point of the thread.

JD et al, I take it that your nonsense is a tacit admitssion that I am correct?

JDgreen

JDgreen

Landn/Andy, I am not a big fan of any big box store; in fact I avoid them whenever I can-nearly 100% of the time pricing at the wholesale houses I do business at is better, alot better. But the fact remains that aside from Deere and the mega stores no other oem, nor any dealer I have spoken to will offer ANY return option, after use, none.. AND this is the point of the thread.

JD et al, I take it that your nonsense is a tacit admitssion that I am correct?

To me, nonsense is laying out serious money for a product without carefully researching the purchase before plunking down the cash.

As for HD, I have never purchased any lawn care item there, probably never will, return policy or not.

And NO, you are not gettinbg a "TACIT ADMITSSION" (SIC) you are correct.

Jetblast

Jetblast

This would have been the right way to start this thread.

Lawn Mower Forum is made up of gearheads who want to help end users. Also, to make fart noises with our armpits, but mostly it's that "help end users" thing.

Are you sure you're using the forum correctly?

JDgreen

JDgreen

This would have been the right way to start this thread.

Lawn Mower Forum is made up of gearheads who want to help end users. Also, to make fart noises with our armpits, but mostly it's that "help end users" thing.

Are you sure you're using the forum correctly?

EXACTLY!!!! :thumbsup:

A

AndySKane

I came up with 18 more good reasons to buy your next mower at Home Depot.

16. My old mower crapped out Saturday night and I have a big party Sunday. HD was open.
17. My neighbors all bought at HD or Lowes except for that old crank on the corner still using some antique from the 70's. He's always messing with it.
18. The price is clearly marked.
19. Wow, it's on sales for $300 off and it's Sunday. I'll go get one.
20. I can easily compare Home Depot, Lowes, and Sears and get the best price.
21. HD is a major national chain, they have buying power on the good stuff and can make the best deals with the Mfg.
22. No haggling over price.
23. No haggling to see if I could get some freebees thrown in.
24. No second guessing my self about not getting the best deal from the salesman.
25. I've got a big lawn - 3/4 acre and HD had a Cub garden tractor, 27 HP, 54" deck for $2999. Wow! a garden tractor for less than $3000. I heard that's what you need for a big yard but $2999 for A Cub Cadet and free delivery to boot.
26. I've got a small lawn - 1/4 acre and HD had lots of riders for a grand or less.
27. They'll deliver it for a reasonable fee.
28. They have cool truck I can rent to drive it home in. Feel like a trucker.
29. These guys have a better selection and know more than the Kmart down the road.
30. These guys even have better stuff and know more than the Walmart down the road.
31. Ha Ha,I saw a push mower in the drug store down the road. Only a chump would buy a mower there.
32. So what if they don't service it. I got a tool set and all the dummies in high school did mechanics. How hard can it be.
33. All the manufacturers now build throwaway stuff why pay more at a dealer when I'll buy new in 6-7 years anyway. Like a car but cheaper.

J

jenkinsph

I like shopping at the Depot for outdoor power equipment, I walk up and down their lineup and look at the shiny new stuff and see that nothing they have is as good as what I have at home. Satisfied, I can go home knowing that I saved money by not buying anything. When I go to the dealerships I often will see a newer larger tractor, implement or whatever and often develop tractoritis or implementitis. :ashamed:

F

fastback

I have found that HD only carries a limited inventory. They do not usually carry the top of the line models. This is where a dealer shines. He not only knows his equipment but also carries the stuff that works well. You can also ask why a model is better than the other and maybe get a informed answer. For me I would never buy at HD, but that's just me.