The NEW! Altoz zeroturn mower...

A_tank96

Threads
Well I spent about an hour at the GIE show talking to their people and they could not answer one question, every question I asked was answered with "I don't know" that's a heck of a way to launch a new product. Now the mower, this thing is built for looks and ride only, in fact that's all they could tell me, it rides great and looks good. The ride did not impress me and in the Texas heat in the summer I don't think anything without a/c rides good, it's hot, it's hard and it can't be corrected. Personally I'll take a sunshade over ride any day. No idea what the warranty is, how they're going to market or if there is any fleet programs. This mower is built for the homeowner who wants a novelty machine, I need a mower day in day out that can take the brutal days in Texas. For that reason I will stick with my trusty Toro and the outstanding service and great distribution they have with their dealer network and not expose my business to this fad. Alto mowers won't be here in a few years so I won't waste my money, the highway is littered with mowers that are history and the company out of business. Toro, Scag, Deere or Hustler and your business will not suffer when this thing implodes and it will. Lastly look into it and you will see it's built by a furnace company, that's like me building airplanes[

Who where you talking to, the model in a short skirt and the tall boots? The guy i talked with knew tons about them and could tell me pricing. I wouldn't pay you 50 cents for Deere, the only thing toro makes is a push mower, their ZTR stuff is only worth their weight in scrap. I liked the engineering in the alto, the furnace company is an investor. I'm willing to try one even though Indiana, isn't as hot as, Texas we do have grass to mow though.

I did see that it has a 12v adapter. That's a handy little feature, plus everything looks very well designed, and with the kawi engines, well I'd buy it.

Aaron

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well I spent about an hour at the GIE show talking to their people and they could not answer one question, every question I asked was answered with "I don't know" that's a heck of a way to launch a new product. Now the mower, this thing is built for looks and ride only, in fact that's all they could tell me, it rides great and looks good. The ride did not impress me and in the Texas heat in the summer I don't think anything without a/c rides good, it's hot, it's hard and it can't be corrected. Personally I'll take a sunshade over ride any day. No idea what the warranty is, how they're going to market or if there is any fleet programs. This mower is built for the homeowner who wants a novelty machine, I need a mower day in day out that can take the brutal days in Texas. For that reason I will stick with my trusty Toro and the outstanding service and great distribution they have with their dealer network and not expose my business to this fad. Alto mowers won't be here in a few years so I won't waste my money, the highway is littered with mowers that are history and the company out of business. Toro, Scag, Deere or Hustler and your business will not suffer when this thing implodes and it will. Lastly look into it and you will see it's built by a furnace company, that's like me building airplanes

So far, after looking at the brochure link provided by user A_tank96, some pricing comments and your comments, I'm leaning towards an opinion that if I had $10k-$15k to burn and wanted to impress my neighbors i'd buy one. But, if I were a professional landscaper I don't think I would want to buy 2-3 of 'em for my business. Kinda like you pointed out there are too many proven performers for less money so the Altoz has got a lot to prove that they can compete.

MRCo.

Threads
I checked these out at GIE, and you'll certainly not find a slicker looking rig. As for build, the deck and frame components were almost too heavily built seeming...just solid. Guy I spoke to said an $8k start price. Some models did have a B&S on...option maybe. I circled the expo hall 3/4 times and every time I passed these I had to stop and look again. As for how will they last...well, as I say, they look built like tanks. They have big drive motors and the same commercial engines as other mowers...so...they should be fine. Time will tell.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I drove one around in their little demo area, you can't tell a whole lot from that obviously. I could tell other then the cosmetic plastic over the engine and gas tanks i think you'd have to put a lot of effort into breaking one. Seats where nice and almost everything was proprietary or built in house. The engine packages were the same as every other bigger manufacturer, as well as, the transmission pump. They're right in line price wise with dixie chopper. If my local dealer picks this line up id like to try one for about a week. I did speak with a rep and exchange cards to see about getting one from them to run for a week or so and he seemed receptive to that even if my local shop doesn't end up going with them.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
If they mow as nice as they look then i think they'll make it just fine.

Threads
altoz_11210820.jpg

(http://r2.cygnuspub.com/files/cygnus/image/GIP/2013/OCT/600x400/altoz_11210820.jpg)

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
Thats a great picture I'm curious to see how it mows. I'll be shocked if it is just average it looked like to me anyways they put a ton of thought and engineering into it.

larrys40

Forum Newbie
Threads
I drove one around in their little demo area, you can't tell a whole lot from that obviously. I could tell other then the cosmetic plastic over the engine and gas tanks i think you'd have to put a lot of effort into breaking one. Seats where nice and almost everything was proprietary or built in house. The engine packages were the same as every other bigger manufacturer, as well as, the transmission pump. They're right in line price wise with dixie chopper. If my local dealer picks this line up id like to try one for about a week. I did speak with a rep and exchange cards to see about getting one from them to run for a week or so and he seemed receptive to that even if my local shop doesn't end up going with them.

I can tell you from dealing with the folks at Altoz on the other side of their business ( Central Boiler) that they do everything first class. I sell to them and can tell you they have a first class plant and manufacturing capabilities. Their quality control and safety is impeccable. They build the best in everything they do. Whatever that's worth. I don't know mowers like you guys do... but I do know my customer. If it suited me.... and you want a quality product, they would be at the top of my list.

Larry