Export thread

The NEW! Altoz zeroturn mower...

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I read something where someone said a new brand of mower will be unveiled at the 2013 GIE Expo in Kentucky--in 5 days. I looked up the brand....and found ONE picture! Here is their website...not much to see yet. :thumbsup: --> ALTOZ | Precision Mowers :thumbsup:

20130816-115238.jpg

(http://www.lawnandlandscape.com/client_directory/43585/logo/20130816-115238.jpg)

ALTOZ.jpg

(http://www.lawnandlandscape.com/FileUploads/image/ALTOZ.jpg)

--> Latest and greatest - Lawn & Landscape

Parkmower

Parkmower

Looks expensive. Operator not wearing hearing protection.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

We'll see what the price is after the GIE+Expo. :rolleyes:

djdicetn

djdicetn

Yeah, first impression says expensive, but also "appears" to be well constructed and has a "sleek" look to it compared to existing ZTR's. Can't really tell exactly what type of deck hanging system it employs(or how it is adjusted) but seems to have some type of pneumatic brace on each side that would appear to be very "stabilizing". VERY interesting addition to ZTR choices. Time/price/specs/quality of cut/durability of construction will eventually tell the whole story.

PVHIII

PVHIII

My thoughts exactly....looks tough

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Yeah, first impression says expensive, but also "appears" to be well constructed and has a "sleek" look to it compared to existing ZTR's. Can't really tell exactly what type of deck hanging system it employs(or how it is adjusted) but seems to have some type of pneumatic brace on each side that would appear to be very "stabilizing". VERY interesting addition to ZTR choices. Time/price/specs/quality of cut/durability of construction will eventually tell the whole story.

Maybe we'll recommend it soon! :cool:

djdicetn

djdicetn

Maybe we'll recommend it soon! :cool:

Maybe your business will "explode" and you'll have so much money that you can become one of the first owners to give us an honest review:0)
Or, you'll forget about getting that Ex-Mark Lazer Z and get one of these:0)

A_tank96

A_tank96

Maybe your business will "explode" and you'll have so much money that you can become one of the first owners to give us an honest review:0)

Here is the brochure I found on the website. Looks Like a pretty sick mower. Pretty exciting that they use mostly Kawasaki engines not briggs or kohler. Looks amazing.

http://www.altoz.com/content/pdf/altoz_brochure.pdf

Aaron

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Yeah.....we'll see about that! :wink:

txzrider

txzrider

"They can reach speeds of 19 mph" Really do we need mowers that are faster than golf carts?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

"They can reach speeds of 19 mph" Really do we need mowers that are faster than golf carts?

Not when your yard isn't as flat as a golf course! But it's still cool!

TaskForceLawnCare

TaskForceLawnCare

Is any one going to the GIE? I'm going to take one around their demo area I'll let you know what i think they do look pretty nice I'd guess they'll be priced in the kubota diesel range extremely nice mowers but holy cow you've to be a high roller to be using them commercial.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Is any one going to the GIE? I'm going to take one around their demo area I'll let you know what i think they do look pretty nice I'd guess they'll be priced in the kubota diesel range extremely nice mowers but holy cow you've to be a high roller to be using them commercial.

Not going (wish I was), but let us know what you think of it! Maybe some pics! :cool:

TaskForceLawnCare

TaskForceLawnCare

Not going (wish I was), but let us know what you think of it! Maybe some pics! :cool:

image-1223305260.jpg

It's built as awesome as they look and will be for sale only in the $10k-$13k range. I ask how soon they could get me 2760 model i was sitting on. They told me January and it would be delivered to the dixie dealer near my house

L

LoCo86

Looks like the took the best features from new and old mowers. Looks like it would be a great mower. I would be interested to see if they make the move in producing more than ZTR's. Such as large area walk behinds, stand on mowers and small walk behinds. The 19 MPH ground speed is probably designed to be used for transport speed. Such as moving from yard to yard in a neighborhood or running back to load it on the trailer.

TaskForceLawnCare

TaskForceLawnCare

I'm going to drive one tomorrow the control panel was unbelievable. They weird about pictures but I'll try to get a couple more up tomorrow.

B

BEN2700

Well I spent about an hour at the GIE show talking to their people and they could not answer one question, every question I asked was answered with "I don't know" that's a heck of a way to launch a new product. Now the mower, this thing is built for looks and ride only, in fact that's all they could tell me, it rides great and looks good. The ride did not impress me and in the Texas heat in the summer I don't think anything without a/c rides good, it's hot, it's hard and it can't be corrected. Personally I'll take a sunshade over ride any day. No idea what the warranty is, how they're going to market or if there is any fleet programs. This mower is built for the homeowner who wants a novelty machine, I need a mower day in day out that can take the brutal days in Texas. For that reason I will stick with my trusty Toro and the outstanding service and great distribution they have with their dealer network and not expose my business to this fad. Alto mowers won't be here in a few years so I won't waste my money, the highway is littered with mowers that are history and the company out of business. Toro, Scag, Deere or Hustler and your business will not suffer when this thing implodes and it will. Lastly look into it and you will see it's built by a furnace company, that's like me building airplanes

TaskForceLawnCare

TaskForceLawnCare

Well I spent about an hour at the GIE show talking to their people and they could not answer one question, every question I asked was answered with "I don't know" that's a heck of a way to launch a new product. Now the mower, this thing is built for looks and ride only, in fact that's all they could tell me, it rides great and looks good. The ride did not impress me and in the Texas heat in the summer I don't think anything without a/c rides good, it's hot, it's hard and it can't be corrected. Personally I'll take a sunshade over ride any day. No idea what the warranty is, how they're going to market or if there is any fleet programs. This mower is built for the homeowner who wants a novelty machine, I need a mower day in day out that can take the brutal days in Texas. For that reason I will stick with my trusty Toro and the outstanding service and great distribution they have with their dealer network and not expose my business to this fad. Alto mowers won't be here in a few years so I won't waste my money, the highway is littered with mowers that are history and the company out of business. Toro, Scag, Deere or Hustler and your business will not suffer when this thing implodes and it will. Lastly look into it and you will see it's built by a furnace company, that's like me building airplanes[

Who where you talking to, the model in a short skirt and the tall boots? The guy i talked with knew tons about them and could tell me pricing. I wouldn't pay you 50 cents for Deere, the only thing toro makes is a push mower, their ZTR stuff is only worth their weight in scrap. I liked the engineering in the alto, the furnace company is an investor. I'm willing to try one even though Indiana, isn't as hot as, Texas we do have grass to mow though.

A_tank96

A_tank96

Well I spent about an hour at the GIE show talking to their people and they could not answer one question, every question I asked was answered with "I don't know" that's a heck of a way to launch a new product. Now the mower, this thing is built for looks and ride only, in fact that's all they could tell me, it rides great and looks good. The ride did not impress me and in the Texas heat in the summer I don't think anything without a/c rides good, it's hot, it's hard and it can't be corrected. Personally I'll take a sunshade over ride any day. No idea what the warranty is, how they're going to market or if there is any fleet programs. This mower is built for the homeowner who wants a novelty machine, I need a mower day in day out that can take the brutal days in Texas. For that reason I will stick with my trusty Toro and the outstanding service and great distribution they have with their dealer network and not expose my business to this fad. Alto mowers won't be here in a few years so I won't waste my money, the highway is littered with mowers that are history and the company out of business. Toro, Scag, Deere or Hustler and your business will not suffer when this thing implodes and it will. Lastly look into it and you will see it's built by a furnace company, that's like me building airplanes[

Who where you talking to, the model in a short skirt and the tall boots? The guy i talked with knew tons about them and could tell me pricing. I wouldn't pay you 50 cents for Deere, the only thing toro makes is a push mower, their ZTR stuff is only worth their weight in scrap. I liked the engineering in the alto, the furnace company is an investor. I'm willing to try one even though Indiana, isn't as hot as, Texas we do have grass to mow though.

I did see that it has a 12v adapter. That's a handy little feature, plus everything looks very well designed, and with the kawi engines, well I'd buy it.

Aaron

djdicetn

djdicetn

Well I spent about an hour at the GIE show talking to their people and they could not answer one question, every question I asked was answered with "I don't know" that's a heck of a way to launch a new product. Now the mower, this thing is built for looks and ride only, in fact that's all they could tell me, it rides great and looks good. The ride did not impress me and in the Texas heat in the summer I don't think anything without a/c rides good, it's hot, it's hard and it can't be corrected. Personally I'll take a sunshade over ride any day. No idea what the warranty is, how they're going to market or if there is any fleet programs. This mower is built for the homeowner who wants a novelty machine, I need a mower day in day out that can take the brutal days in Texas. For that reason I will stick with my trusty Toro and the outstanding service and great distribution they have with their dealer network and not expose my business to this fad. Alto mowers won't be here in a few years so I won't waste my money, the highway is littered with mowers that are history and the company out of business. Toro, Scag, Deere or Hustler and your business will not suffer when this thing implodes and it will. Lastly look into it and you will see it's built by a furnace company, that's like me building airplanes

So far, after looking at the brochure link provided by user A_tank96, some pricing comments and your comments, I'm leaning towards an opinion that if I had $10k-$15k to burn and wanted to impress my neighbors i'd buy one. But, if I were a professional landscaper I don't think I would want to buy 2-3 of 'em for my business. Kinda like you pointed out there are too many proven performers for less money so the Altoz has got a lot to prove that they can compete.

M

MRCo.

I checked these out at GIE, and you'll certainly not find a slicker looking rig. As for build, the deck and frame components were almost too heavily built seeming...just solid. Guy I spoke to said an $8k start price. Some models did have a B&S on...option maybe. I circled the expo hall 3/4 times and every time I passed these I had to stop and look again. As for how will they last...well, as I say, they look built like tanks. They have big drive motors and the same commercial engines as other mowers...so...they should be fine. Time will tell.

TaskForceLawnCare

TaskForceLawnCare

I drove one around in their little demo area, you can't tell a whole lot from that obviously. I could tell other then the cosmetic plastic over the engine and gas tanks i think you'd have to put a lot of effort into breaking one. Seats where nice and almost everything was proprietary or built in house. The engine packages were the same as every other bigger manufacturer, as well as, the transmission pump. They're right in line price wise with dixie chopper. If my local dealer picks this line up id like to try one for about a week. I did speak with a rep and exchange cards to see about getting one from them to run for a week or so and he seemed receptive to that even if my local shop doesn't end up going with them.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

...They're right in line price wise with dixie chopper...

It seems like they would be more expensive, but I guess to compete you can't be in the $10-15,000 range. :rolleyes:

TaskForceLawnCare

TaskForceLawnCare

If they mow as nice as they look then i think they'll make it just fine.

TaskForceLawnCare

TaskForceLawnCare

Thats a great picture I'm curious to see how it mows. I'll be shocked if it is just average it looked like to me anyways they put a ton of thought and engineering into it.

L

larrys40

I drove one around in their little demo area, you can't tell a whole lot from that obviously. I could tell other then the cosmetic plastic over the engine and gas tanks i think you'd have to put a lot of effort into breaking one. Seats where nice and almost everything was proprietary or built in house. The engine packages were the same as every other bigger manufacturer, as well as, the transmission pump. They're right in line price wise with dixie chopper. If my local dealer picks this line up id like to try one for about a week. I did speak with a rep and exchange cards to see about getting one from them to run for a week or so and he seemed receptive to that even if my local shop doesn't end up going with them.

I can tell you from dealing with the folks at Altoz on the other side of their business ( Central Boiler) that they do everything first class. I sell to them and can tell you they have a first class plant and manufacturing capabilities. Their quality control and safety is impeccable. They build the best in everything they do. Whatever that's worth. I don't know mowers like you guys do... but I do know my customer. If it suited me.... and you want a quality product, they would be at the top of my list.

Larry

Ric

Ric

djdicetn

djdicetn

Ric,

After watching that video.......I'll bet you're ready to trade in that Cub and Toro, get you a fleet of 5 or 6 of these Altoz ZTR's, then hire a bunch of riders and dress them in space suits and Darth Vader helmets. Your company would be the hit of Florida and probably make the national news if not just the locals:0)

Ya never know could make you a millionaire in the first year if it catches on!!!

P.S.
You might have to change the name of your company to something like 30th Century Lawn Care...that would be catchy now wouldn't it??

exotion

exotion

Ehh I'm not to impressed except the hydro deck lowering thing

Mike88se

Mike88se

but he looks cool ;)
For anyone who doesn't know it... those are all artists renderings. I wonder how far along the prototype is. Looks really cool... and very expensive. Digital fuel injection :cool: I've never heard that term. Not sure what it means anyway... all fuel maps are digital as far as I know. Everything computerized is digital :rolleyes:
The most interesting part to me is the target market lol

... I see now that somebody revived a year old thread lol. Did the mower tank?

Ric

Ric

Ric,

After watching that video.......I'll bet you're ready to trade in that Cub and Toro, get you a fleet of 5 or 6 of these Altoz ZTR's, then hire a bunch of riders and dress them in space suits and Darth Vader helmets. Your company would be the hit of Florida and probably make the national news if not just the locals:0)

Ya never know could make you a millionaire in the first year if it catches on!!!

P.S.
You might have to change the name of your company to something like 30th Century Lawn Care...that would be catchy now wouldn't it??

I don't thinks so :smile: AS far as I'm concerned about the mower it's nothing more than a gimmick. It's not going to cut grass any better than my Toro or CC. It may run faster at it's claim of 19mph but unless it has a BTS of 40,000 that's about worthless :biggrin: Now I agree the mower looks pretty cool but it will also come with a pretty cool price tag.

Ric

Ric

but he looks cool ;)
For anyone who doesn't know it... those are all artists renderings. I wonder how far along the prototype is. Looks really cool... and very expensive. Digital fuel injection :cool: I've never heard that term. Not sure what it means anyway... all fuel maps are digital as far as I know. Everything computerized is digital :rolleyes:
The most interesting part to me is the target market lol

... I see now that somebody revived a year old thread lol. Did the mower tank?

The Mower appeared at the GIE+EXPO in 2013.

GIE+EXPO News: Altoz Introduces New XC Z Line of Precision Zero-Turn Mowers - Rural Lifestyle Dealer

Ya'll may want to check out the Brochure it's rather impressive. It's a PDF so it will take a second to load but well worth the look.

Mike88se

Mike88se

The Mower appeared at the GIE+EXPO in 2013.

GIE+EXPO News: Altoz Introduces New XC Z Line of Precision Zero-Turn Mowers - Rural Lifestyle Dealer

Ya'll may want to check out the Brochure it's rather impressive. It's a PDF so it will take a second to load but well worth the look.
Yeah I watched that vid... it was a suggested vid from the youtube site of the other vid posted. I saw the 2013 copyright and realized I was responding to an old thread. There should be some real world experience with the mower by now. I've been reading mower and lawn work forums and watching youtube mower vids for 2 years and this is the first time I've heard about this machine. So where's this mower now... anybody using one or know somebody using one?

TaskForceLawnCare

TaskForceLawnCare

I've been in contact with a rep off and on since the GIE. Its slow to take hold and get independent deals take them on. I was impressed with what I could of the actual construction at the GIE. Of course it had silly little cosmetic enhancements with no functional purpose. I inquired about a demo week with one and was told the closest dealer was about 3 hours from me. For now I'll just wait and see.

Nwatson99

Nwatson99

Nice looking machine and finally someone else that is not requiring a foot lever to left your deck up and down.

Pros
6-Point Vibration Isolation System
Electric deck lift
Foot rests are nice for the driver
Instrument panel looks very nice as well "need more companies like this one and JD using the instrument panels correctly".

Big Cons
Levers and pins to adjust deck height, needs simpler adjustment on the IP area XC-Z model has.
high and low range on transmissions no need and a waste in my opinion, hope it is an option to order with or without.
Those dual blades I think will be a major pain in the butt and cause more problems than good.