The Daily Yardman Thread

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

bought this house in mid to early June 2016.....needed a place for the horses so while working on the inside of the house on rainy days and outside on warm sunny days...built a 1/2 acre pen and run in shelter.
2nd photo was taken with a different camera on November 8 2016.
View attachment 33211View attachment 33212

That is a fine looking fence! I made one like it once many years ago out of hackmatack. I split the posts with a chain saw, hand cut the rail tenons with an ax and bored the holes by drilling twice with a large self-boring bit and then cutting out the center with a large chisel. It didn't look half as nice as yours does though!

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
More Forging

Doc!

I forgot another thing... Whenever you are at a garage sale, flea market, whatever, also keep your eyes open for blacksmith tongs! If you go to blacksmithing school, making a set of usable tongs is normally one of your first projects. I have seen smith shops with literally hundreds of sets of tongs with different jaws to hold different shapes.. But do they ever sell them?? NEVER!!! They pass them along to some favored novice blacksmith and unless you make your own set, you are S.O.L. I have only seen two sets of them since I built my forge and as Boo-Boo will tell you, I tend to hang around flea markets - a LOT!! . . . . (I didn't buy them either, as they were asking all outdoors for them. - I'm also cheap!!)

Good luck..

Roger

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

just got back from picking up my latest project(sometime next year that is) according to the serial numbers it's a july of 1940 Ford 9N.....me happy
IMG_5212.jpgIMG_5219.jpgIMG_5217.jpgIMG_5218.jpg

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Happy Monday Friends..........Fish On! or what ever else you want to do today!

I'm going on a hay run, then the wife wants me to go to Wally World for some household items, that takes care of the morning.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

just got back from picking up my latest project(sometime next year that is) according to the serial numbers it's a july of 1940 Ford 9N.....me happy
View attachment 33224View attachment 33225View attachment 33226View attachment 33227

You are a lucky man!! It looks like someone has upgrade it with an alternator. Is it a 12VDC system now?

The 8N that I passed on looked to be in about the same condition, but it did run. The rotted out wheels and tires were what made me decide to say, "No." I'm still sort of regretting it.

I will greatly look forward to seeing photos of your restoration project on it.

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
To avoid the slings and arrows that Tom received.....

Just so Boo-Boo doesn't put out a missing persons call to the Maine Warden Service, I am posting my itinerary.

Today - Busy shopping, packing, hooking up the boat, and loading the car.

Tomorrow - Lobstering as early as the tide will allow. Then heading North, just plain North to Seboomook, up on Moosehead Lake.

Wednesday and Thursday - Seboomook - Head home late Thursday.

Friday - Should be back home and back on-line

You guys "have the watch"...

Roger

primerbulb120

Threads

My plans for the week are:

Today - Fixing a few things and doing some improvements on my trailer
Tomorrow: Mowing
Wednesday: Mowing
Thursday: Mowing
Friday: Mowing

I will be here throughout the week though.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: JUST PUTZIN AROUN !!

I've been fartin around with a way to get the folks who ask for help on this site, to post the information we need about their machine. I've been using this " file " , as a picture and posting it as a reply , !

GET INFO.JPG

it seems to have worked OK in a several cases, SO ... I'm through dickin around with that thing !
Now I want to use BERT'S " Starting Help " as another post , PROBLEM ..!! I'm not puter savvy enough to copy it as 1 whole page, with-out shrinking it . If I post it ,THAT way, the OP has to use their zoom feature to enlarge it so they can see it . as below ..

BERT START.JPG

when you click on it, it only enlarges to a certain point, ya need the zoom to really see it .
OR .. I tried it in a larger format ... but then it has to be posted as 2 pics as below !

..START #  1.jpg

..START # 2.jpg

Hopin BERT sees it and gives his Fatherly or Professors advice , but welcoming ALL opinions & comments...
as long as I fully agree with them and I don't get an arse wippin behind the barn !! ( LOL ) ..:laughing: ..:laughing:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

YES ...... WE did hit the 50 G mark !! un-real !! Now , if we can bust the 1,000 replies , this week, it's gotta be a record of some sort, UNfortunately , hitting both numbers at the same time was not to be, and with regret I have to say we are NOT eligible for a GOLD ROLEX !! However, YOU can go to Chukee Cheeze's and get a pizza anyway you want it and you can get that bananna split at Dairy-Queen, I don't know what all that cost's so bring your Debit-Cards , and smile ...:laughing: ..:laughing: ..:cool2: ..:banana: ..:dance1:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

You are a lucky man!! It looks like someone has upgrade it with an alternator. Is it a 12VDC system now?

The 8N that I passed on looked to be in about the same condition, but it did run. The rotted out wheels and tires were what made me decide to say, "No." I'm still sort of regretting it.

I will greatly look forward to seeing photos of your restoration project on it.

Roger

I am in the process of buying a complete 6 volt system from a fellow on one of my facebook groups that just converted his to 12 volt....I am old school and like to keep things as close to original as I can, with that being said....I have modified a few things in the past...LOL

Like this 1984 hyundai that I chopped and shorten in 1990, just because....
well it's on this computer somewhere, when I find it I will post it