The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Stove Repair

As a Marine I know that movie well, cause a couple of flash backs. I will try to get back to this dump 藍 more often, just to make you happy. I may have a question that totally relates to this thread.
Tom

I don't think you will find any other threads with the "eye-candy" we put forth .. :thumbsup: .. :laughing:

We start your day with firin up that sleepin Testosterone us guys have........

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

Bout time to check my eye-lids for holes .. again.............

zzz 2.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

G'Mornin Hinder Finder, .. af089826dd6a52e218032f91e8d4b219.jpg

G' Mornin Gang .. c705.jpg

Thought 4 2day .. c832aeef6cc53dbe1422d5f41e6e92d8.jpg

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: Compressor repower

Hey Goomba, I did NOT work on this place by myself, (approx 200-400 guys on site everyday, I did get SOME 3-Phase work in, but ya worked where they needed help, thing I enjoyed the most, was connecting Bus-Bar in the vault, heavy work but the end of the day always showed a lot of progress, the thing I hated most was pullin wire, OF COURSE we had Machines for the "BIG-STUFF, ( they even used a "D-6 CAT" to pull the MAIN feeds from the FPL service-link pads into the main cable vault buildings, Parallel Feeds (many of them).. especially, D-C control wiring, friggen 500 foot spools, ALWAYS curling and tangling the wires, PITA big-time, EVERY panel was numbered, had a print of each wire which each was numbered, NO CHEATING.. Inspector standing right there with his #@%$#@!&$# checklist .. AARRRGHH !! and worst was trim-out I was wiring switches & receptacles in my dreams.. ( LOL ) and my fingers were SO SORE from twisting wires I couldn't hardly get my zipper down to "whiz", you could NOT park close-by, we had bus's from a parking area way down the road, lonnnng walk if ya missed the bus's .. :mad:

Boo,

You were a hard working S.O.B., there is no doubt about it.. Anytime you start hauling in wire larger than 500 MCM you'd better have a wire puller, or a DC-6 Cat! I actually talked the utility into hauling in a generator feed for me using their hydraulic boom lift. Problem came when the hydraulic hose fitting burst and sprayed everyone underneath it with hot oil! They had another truck brought in but we had to work drenched in oil for the rest of the day.

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

So, I ordered an X-large pizza online yesterday from a national chain during their 50% off sale.
$8 and change.
When I got there the lady said she had accidentally poked a hole in my pizza.
She offered to make me an other one,free of charge, and I could leave with BOTH pies.
2 X-large pizzas for $8 and change.
That'll be 2 dinners, and maybe a lunch.

Not bad for $8 and change.............

And Pumper, just to tie this post to the thread, pizza ia a favorite food to eat while rebuilding a Yardman transaxle.....

YES!! I will verify that! As I was the one that rebuilt the Yardman transaxle and I have eaten many, many pizzas.. (Not actually during the rebuild, as that green John Deere corn husking grease, or whatever the hell it was, wouldn't taste good on pizza.)

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ran across an old pic of the Cap'ns "Safe-Space", I know he definitely misses the Hell out of it .. :laughing:..:laughing:

View attachment 41783

Com'on now Boo, you know you can't trick an old Sub Sailor.. That is actually a picture of the inside of a German submarine. Not an American sub... Ya! Ist Das Boot!!

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Stove Repair

Well, the oven project was a real joy...........
! screw holding the igniter on stripped out and didn't wanna come out...took vise grips to turn while exerting strong pull to extract.
Then, a screw holding a wiring shield had to be drilled out.............
Next I couldn't locate the proper size screws to replace the stripped and drilled ones.............
the igniter is in, but with screws that don't tighten down.
May need to tap for larger screws....

So, it is working, but not really done.

Ron,

See? There is no small job that can't turn itself into a serious project!

Rog

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Now I AM worried about you.. Nobody mentioned the fact that she has "Forgive them xxxx" ????? tattooed under her right breast.. What do you supposed the rest of it says? The next word doesn't look like "their" or "for" and those are the only two words I can think of that go with that cliché..

Maybe it's a saying from some obscure movie and one of you guys will recognize it immediately.. (Yes that was intended to be a little snide.)

R