The Daily Yardman Thread

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

I told my wife I'm going to have to double my prices because I can only work 4 hours before I'm exhausted now, lol. I had to use one of them old fashioned hand tools called a rake. Ugh.

At least you'll still be "rakin" in the cash !! .. :laughing:.. :thumbsup:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

I for one, don't give a rat's arse about the misdeeds of his past, I don't care about his techniques to accomplish his agenda, I voted for this man, because I firmly believe, he LOVES America,.. and is determined to do whatever it takes, to do his best, to return this country, back to a hard-working peace-loving society, he faces a daunting battle, but I feel the majority of folks in THIS country, believe in him, and the BIG FELLA upstairs, and just remain silent, UNTIL pushed to limit, it may beget us a Civil War or a Revolution, well, .... then so be it, the man has a plan, and I stand WITH HIM ! AND I believe the Good Lord had something to do with him becoming the leader of this country .:thumbsup:

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN !!... View attachment 36875............ View attachment 36876

A nice slogan, but that is all it is.
First bit of economic vandalism he did was to reduce the corperate tax rate which will cripple the poorest because that is where the help is really needed.
President Regan proved conclusively that the "trickle down effect " was no more than being pisssed on from a great height.
President Trump will make Mr Trump a lot more wealthy than he was before and the man on the street a lot poorer.
The 10% at the top will become even more obsenely richer than they were before at the expense of those at the bottom who will become poorer.

The way to make things better is to give the bottom to middle more spending power so they will buy more.
This is a well proven fact.
If you have no money you cannot buy anything so no one higher up the chain makes any money.
Even your own Henry Ford recognised this when he noted the absence of Fords in the company car park and both raised the wages of Ford workers and offered them factory discounts.

When it looked like Aust was going to slide into recession, the Rudd Government gave all up to date TAXPAYERS $ 900 and that pushed the economy so far forward it was not funny.
However when it was analysed, those in the bottom 10% almost universally used the money to pay down overdue utility bills
The next 10% used it to pay down their credit card bebt
The next 40% went out and spent it, mostly on new digital TVs or computers
The top 40% just put it in the bank .

However the spend by the mid 40% saved all but one of the retail stores going bad and thus saved the jobs of around 200,000 Australians, let alone the importers , wholesalers distributors & transport workers.

Tightening economic policy and upping tarrifs is what created the Great Depression, that is an undisputable fact of economic history.

Blaming an under class has been the mainstay of tyrants & autocratic dictators since time began. It has never been the case and never will be.
The work that the "illegals do in the USA" is generally jobs that USA citizens will not do or will not do for that rate so the net result is more manufacturing will go off shore or local workers will get paid more so the price will go up and you will pay more.

And remember it is not the Chinese loading ships full of rubbish, sailing to America then auctioning off what they have made.
It is flag waving, God fearing , church going , patriotic Americans going over to China with products that were made in the USA and asking the Chinese to copy them for me cheaply.
And these people will not be affected by increased tarrifs or deporting illegals because they already have more money than they could spend if they lived for 10,000 years.
IT is you who will pay.

And just to make you sleep better at night, China holds more US treasury bonds than the government collects in taxes over 10 years, so starting a trade war with China is plain stupid.
China has just initiated an oil index, which trades oil futures in uarn or gold,
China & Russia now hold 60% of the known gold bullion.
If Europe & Asia start trading oil on the Chinese exchange then the demand for US dollars will tank and the value of the US dollar will drop by around 30% to 70% depending which doom sayers numbers you choose.
Internally this becomes good for the USA because exports become more competative but import prices will skyrocket and the USA has been a net importer of goods & services since the mid 70s
So the man on the street will get more low pay jobs to pick from while every thing they buy will go up by 30% to 50%.
And remember that the USA import near 1/3 of its food ( check the back of the lables ) so even eating will become more expensive.

I don't call that "Making America Great Again" in any way shape or form

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Replies: 5,511
Views: 256,426

Total views 925

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.

Sunrise Atop Haleakala
sunrise 78.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

I was thinking (oh schitt) that maybe my pictures should be a trivia picture. Guess where it is from? What do you all think of that?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

I was thinking (oh schitt) that maybe my pictures should be a trivia picture. Guess where it is from? What do you all think of that?

Sure Chuck, I'm game, might be an adventure ! .. :wink:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Goooooooooooood Mornin Chuckie !! .. YESS.jpg

Good Mornin Gang !! .. mechanic.jpg

Thought 4 2day : ,, hilarious-someecards-what-you-can-accomplish.png

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Glad you made it home safe Roger! I did wave when you went by....you just couldn't see me througt the trees

Well, you know the old saying Doc, "You can't see the forest for the trees!!"

I just spent the better part of an hour scanning up through the posts on here from #501.. Now I'm not going to try to claim that I read all of them or even half of them, but I was impressed by the interesting topics that were covered. From bugs to buggery, addictions to cold turkeys, Insulation to installations, scientific dissections of global climate change and even some mechanical trials and tribulations... No wonder the thread has continued to draw numerous on-lookers, you guys are doing a hell of a job!

I'm glad to be home, but wish the weather would improve. We've had a couple snow storms, (well "flurries" would be more accurate) any time snow falls in Maine and doesn't remain on the ground for more than a couple days, it doesn't really count as a "storm" no matter how much came down.

And now for something enTIREly different!

You guys must be tire fanatics like me. I'm always searching for tires that will be quiet, provide good traction in a variety of road conditions, give a good ride, and last a reasonable amount of time. My newest vehicle (2013) came with Continentals as OEM tires. I got 39K out of them and towards the end of their life they actually became dangerous under wet conditions. I replaced them with Toyo CUV tires. The were quieter and held the road well but didn't even make 39K, I had them removed at 38,800 and bit the bullet. I spent some big bucks and bought Michelin Premier LTX tires. These all are for an SUV and I know that SUV's as a class tend to wear tires out faster than standard cars, but I'm hoping to get somewhere near the claimed 60K these tires are supposed to last for. So far, I love these tires! (Is "love" to strong a word to express for your tires? - I didn't think so...) Anyway, these tires are very quiet, especially when hitting pot-holes, which is important here in Maine, because most of our secondary roads are composed entirely of pot-holes. They seem to grip very well in wet conditions, but they ought to, they are brand new. Now the question remains, 'Will they last'? Time alone will tell.

We have Generals on the other car, (which is a Subaru - that we call "truck".) I bought them for all the reasons previously stated, plus they have a very neat tread pattern.. You know, a pretty face will sell anything, including tires..

I'd be interested in hearing what you guys use for tires and why.. Boo doesn't count, because the only tires that the rednecks in Florida crow about are called "Gator-Squishers" which would neither fit under my car, nor be appropriate for highway driving between here and there. So Boo, unless you want to discuss what the Camry rolls on, I ain't interested!!

And Bert: Do you have Aussie tire manufacturers? Or has your tire market been dominated by US manufacturers? (I shouldn't say "US" manufacturers.) If you want an eye opener, spent some time wandering around in a tire warehouse and look at the countries the tires that are available, come from, it will blow your mind!

You guys have a GRAND DAY and please send warm weather North, my teeth have been chattering since I hit West Virginia last Sunday!

Respectfully,

Roger

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Morning Ted, Stayers and Newbies.

Sunrise Atop Haleakala
View attachment 36887

Chuck,

I have been to the top of Haleakala, (back in 1970, in a VW beetle that couldn't quite make it to the upper parking lot!) and it was cold as hell! Beautiful sights though.. I didn't make it in time to see the sunrise, now I wish I had..

Roger

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Good Morning Thread Mongers