The Daily Yardman Thread

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: MTD Yardman Transaxle Rebuild

I figured it out. Woo hoo! When the plow goes out in scoop mode the weight of it causes it to go down a bit, which for the left side would be a counter-clockwise direction. I wouldn't have thought of that.
Ahh.....Danielson, you are progressing well in your studies, now we paint the fence.

I knew you would figure it out.:thumbsup:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

Good Morning People of Earth!!!!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

EHHhhhh What's up Doc ..??? Glad to see you're still around, how's all the "projects" comin along ..??

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads

projects are moving kinda slow, been real busy with the firehouse and started working part time at Lowes in the lumber department, so now I am only "semi-retired".

I tried staying out of the work force, but I worked far too many years and was really missing the interaction with others..........getting bored and talking to myself alot...LOL

The job is perfect for me, I get to help others plan and begin their projects, and the management is paying me just to walk around and help people. Money is not so good, but I'm not there for the money.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

projects are moving kinda slow, been real busy with the firehouse and started working part time at Lowes in the lumber department, so now I am only "semi-retired".

I tried staying out of the work force, but I worked far too many years and was really missing the interaction with others..........getting bored and talking to myself alot...LOL

The job is perfect for me, I get to help others plan and begin their projects, and the management is paying me just to walk around and help people. Money is not so good, but I'm not there for the money.

Good move there Doc, do you get an employee discount ?? you need to do upkeep on your fences !!! ( LOL )

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

Why in hell is the North still playin with SNOW ..?? All I hear about the weather is Global-Warming, ..?? Guess that only pertains to states South, of South Carolina, .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

Why in hell is the North still playin with SNOW ..?? All I hear about the weather is Global-Warming, ..?? Guess that only pertains to states South, of South Carolina, .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:
It's Florida retirement community developers using weather control methods to try to get more people from the north to move south!

But seriously, it's not inconsistent with the theory of global warming. The measured warming trend is based on average global temperature and one of the results of it is the change in weather patterns, due largely to changes in ocean currents.

Roger B

Lawn Addict
Threads

Hey there Doc,

I thought of you this past Monday when I took my Rt 209 'Short Cut'. I looked across the 206 bridge but didn't see you.. Tooted my horn anyway.. All that snow melted yet? We slid in right behind that storm. Spent Sunday night in Fredricksburg, VA saw the first snow on the ground Monday morning in West Virginia and then had snow on the ground all the way to Mass. None fell on us, which was fine with me as my Toyo's are worn right down to the wear bars, I was trying to get every mile out of them I could. Figured I was safe in FL as long as I didn't get caught in one of their 'floods' they call a "rain storm". I just ordered a set of Michelin Premier LTX's for the Santa Fe, they go on tomorrow.

Most of the snow here along the coast in Maine has melted, just patches in the woods and places where the plows left big snow banks.

Hope all is well with everybody, Boo keeps me updated with the # of views and all... Glad to see you've picked up a couple new folks who actually contribute and post something.

It's good to be home and able to get out in the shop and do stuff.. Only 29*F this AM, but I lit off the wood stove and was working in my tee shirt and shop-apron before lunch time. Digging through all the little items I picked up at various flea markets in FL. that need restoration work. Boo tell you about the flea market in Webster? 35 acres of shops and tables on 60 acres of land!! Un-freakin'-believe-able! We saw maybe 25% of it. We-(Boo and me)-decided we would build hot-rodded electric wheelchairs for the next time we go there!

Hope all your projects are coming along well..

Roger

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

It's Florida retirement community developers using weather control methods to try to get more people from the north to move south!

But seriously, it's not inconsistent with the theory of global warming. The measured warming trend is based on average global temperature and one of the results of it is the change in weather patterns, due largely to changes in ocean currents.

HMMmmmmm .... Do I detect a slight bit of a "left-sided" explanation in that..??? I heard it was because the "right-side" keeps setting California on fire, to rid themselves of the obnoxious folks living there, and forcing them to move to the "Land Down Under", to live with the like-minded culture, inhabiting that God forsaken piece of the planet ! .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads

I'm an environmental scientist - that was my former career - and first started researching global warming out of courosity over 25 years ago when most people hadn't even heard of it. I have no doubt that global warming is real and that it's being caused by human activity but not sure whether it's a good or bad thing. Based on historical cyclical global warming and cooling trends, we should be heading towards another ice age. I've got to think that an ice age would be worse. :smile: